You can type here any text you want

Wheel Adapter Question??? Please Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jd94ss

I know that this has been talked about in other threads, but I just want to be sure before I spend any more money. With that being said, I have a set of GTA's (2 front & 2 rears) tire size is 255/50/16(Im pretty sure, they have been in the basment all winter). I know that wheel adapters have to be ran in order to run the rears in the front and front in the rears. And 4 fronts are ideal and can be ran with no adapters. My question is that, I have read some members running 4 adapters, such as 1" in the rears and 1 1/4" in the front. If this is correct and a mast majority of users, can you post some pics, as I am curious to the stance with 4 adapters. And please chime in to help me out so I can put these on once the weather breaks.
Thanks

ideally, you run 4 fronts without any spacers, but if you have a set of 2 fronts and 2 rears you can run them if you put the fronts on the rear of the car and use some spacers to run the rears on the front. before i found a second pair of fronts, i had rears on the front of my Regal with 5/16" Mr Gasket wheel spacers. without the spacers, it only rubbed when the wheel was turned all the way to either side and the steering arm was really close to the inside of the rim- the wheel weights kind of "self clearanced" themselves after a few revolutions. but if you were to get the wheels balanced with stick on weights, that wouldn't be an issue. with the spacers, everything cleared with no rubbing.
so, to sum up- "front" rims on the rear of the car, "rear" rims on the front with 5/16" spacers worked for me. but it really looks better with the deeper dish and wider front track you get with 4 "front" wheels.
of course, every car and every set of wheels is different, so your results may vary.

check out the pics in the link in my sig. has 1" spacer front and rear. rear has alum drums. Front does rub in hard turns on left side. car is lowered also. I would like to find 2 more front rims so I dont have to run the spacers up front.

I've got half inch spacers on the front of the car. Thats it. Fits great but doesn't look as badass as way2QWK's car!

Way2qwk, car looks real good. I like the stance. I was wondering what size tires are you running? I couldnt read the size in your pics. I might run 1" adapters all the way around as my car is not lowered. Thanks

Rears in rear work great with a 1.25" adapter and 255/50's.

Fronts work in front with nothing.

thanks for the compliments. tires are 245/50 front and 255/50 in rears. Has moog springs for a El camino front and rear. Dont know the part numbers though

Thanks for the help guys. Way2Qwk, I appreciate the info and help as well. I am probably going to run them similiar to your set-up, minus the car being lowered.
Thanks again

Yea UNGN your right but, doesnt look the same as running them vice versa.
Thanks though.

Yea UNGN your right but, doesnt look the same as running them vice versa.
Thanks though.

It actually looks a little better. The problem with GTA's is they set in too far. Running Fronts in the rear with no spacers and they look like they are in too far.

Running rears in the rear with a 1.25" or 1.5" adapter pulls the wheels out where they should be, with still lots of room for the fender lip and frame.

Ok so this is an old post but I hadn't seen much talk about running rear GTA wheels in the rear..everybody else says run them in the front.

Can I run rear GTA wheels in the rear with 1.5" adapters and just use the front GTA wheels in the front of my car? I was thinking about using 245/50/16 all around. My car actually sits pretty high with the bilsteins and all new bushings. Thanks

Can I run rear GTA wheels in the rear with 1.5" adapters and just use the front GTA wheels in the front of my car? I was thinking about using 245/50/16 all around. My car actually sits pretty high with the bilsteins and all new bushings. Thanks

Yes, this will work fine.

I have a pair of 1.5" spacers I bought recently that dont work w/ my new wheels like I hoped. If you decide to go this route, let me know, I'll save you $ on a pair.

Back