You can type here any text you want

Wheel reconditioning

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

72firebird

Well at the TA Nationals I met a guy who reconditions 77-78 TA snowflake wheels. I got to talking with him and asked him about doing some GTA wheels. He said he has done a couple sets and that it typically runs about $400 plus shipping for a set. That is you sending him a set of wheels. This guy and one of his friend does all the work. For the lips he can either just polish them or reclear them. He suggested just leaving them polished because the clear chips and scratches easy and is harder to get back to looking good. He can also smooth the metal in the middle so it no longer has the rough texture if you want. His website for the wheels is http://www.78ta.com/rims.htm and includes all of the information. I saw the 77-78 snowflakes in person and they looked to be very high quality. There was people lined up to talk to him wanting their wheels done.

I was going to have him do some Corvette Epsilon wheels which are a 3 piece 17" GTA style wheel. I would have to play with backspacing to get the right look but here's some pictures of some untouched on a TA with spacers http://www.datasync.com/~firebird/92_TA/2005_06_19/ If you changed the rings you could get them to be like 17x10 or so without modifcations.

i didn't get to meet that guy - but he is well known around there! thanks for the info because i didn't know that he reconditions wheels!

Thanks for the info....Guess I did a good thing by buying four newly recondidtioned GTA wheels and centers from Vsix this week for $500 plus shipping. Thanks for the good deal Jim :)

lburou said:
Thanks for the info....Guess I did a good thing by buying four newly recondidtioned GTA wheels and centers from Vsix this week for $500 plus shipping. Thanks for the good deal Jim :)

where'd you buy those from???

Wow, $400, I just had a set for my '79 TA redone to remove curb rash and buffed and clear coated, all 4 for $275 from a local place here. Guesss I got a bargain.

Back