You can type here any text you want

wheel size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dwmoore

what size wheel width should i run on 26x10.50-15 M/T ET Street I just dont want them to rub thanks:confused:

If you are referring to this one #3752 MT ET Street bias ply drag tire that's 26x10.5, according to Jegs, it's tread width is 8.3" wide when measured on an 8" wheel at 10psi. Technically, that tire should fit perfectly on either a stock T wheel or a stock GN wheel. That's the same tire as a 26x8.5" MT Drag Slick. The very first tire I ever ran on my old grey car was a 26x8.5 MT ET slick on stock T wheels and they fit perfectly with no rubbing. Stock suspension at the time. Circa 1994.

I currently run this tire #3758 MT ET Street bias ply drag tire on stock T wheels on my '87 T, and have no rubbing or clearance issues.

DSC00639.jpg

DSC010132.jpg

If you are looking for aftermarket wheels, then a 15x8 with 3.5" back spacing would work fine with that tire. Only downside is, with it being 26" tall and only 8.3" wide tread, it's gonna be stretched tight on a 15x8 wheel. You could actually get away with a #3753 26x11.5 MT ET Street bias ply on the 15x8 wheel, as it's tread width would be 9.8". This tire is basically a 26x10 slick with grooves and a DOT number. Airbags would be recommended for this tire, if the rear end is not centered or shifted over to one side.
HTH

Patrick

Back