You can type here any text you want

Wheel Spacers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bogies87

I have read til I am blue in the face and the words are all blurry. The question I have is I have 4 front GTA wheels 16x8 I believe..... do I need spacers between the wheels and the hubs?? I currently have 5/16 spacers now and just want to know if I can take them out. (they were there when I bought the car).

I have the same spacers & gta fronts M/T ET streets 11.5 in wide & have rubbing issues (frame & inside wheel well) unless I run with the lots of air in the air bags.
I plan on a frame notch & mini tub so I can eliminate the spacers.
A skinner tire would also eliminate the rubbing issue.

thanks for the replies. I have 245-50-16 at all four corners now. I would like to take the wheel spacers out but was not sure why the previous owner put them there.

Just an update to the question I previously asked about the spacers. I removed them and all I can say is wow what a difference this made. The car drives so much better now. I am not sure why the previous owner put them there but I have not noticed any rubbing or clearance problems.

Back