You can type here any text you want

wheel spacing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bogies87

Ok I know this has probably been beat to death but I was checking the bearings on the front of my new T-Type and found the left front has what appears to be a 5/16th (no mic) wheel spacer and the right front has none.
The wheels are GNX style and are both have the same markings (8JJX16 Front Only) not sure of the backspacing maybe 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 inch. The tires are 245/50/16. What gives??? Should I get the same size spacer and put on the right side??

Here is an update... The rears are the same size as the front and the right rear has a spacer (same size as front left) and the left rear does not. I would think this would throw the alignment off a bit.. Any ideas or suggestions?

Has the car ever been involved in an accident? Or, as they say on Wheeler Dealers, has it seen the wrong side of a hedge?

Yes it has been involved in two both were minor. The frame is straight and shows no signs of stress, damage (now or previous) or tweaking.

Well, there has to be a reason why the previous owner put them on. Have you tried to fit them without the spacers and compare clearances with the other side of the car?

Back