You can type here any text you want

Wheel specs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TARZAN

Half ass, on kill
I'm looking to get some wheels for my GN, and I wanted to check and see what the preferred specs are. I'm gonna get a set of 15's, but the rest is up in the air. I was thinking 15x5's up front 15x8's in back....do I need to go wider with either? What backspacing and bolt pattern?

Thanks,

-Will

I would do 15x8's with 4" bs for the rear, it really depends on the look your going for on the front. I have 15x4's with 1.75" bs. The bolt pattern is 4.75"

it depends on what you want the car to do, or look like it can do, anyways.
if you are building a drag racer- or something that looks like a drag racer- then go really wide in the back with wider tires, and as skinny as you can in the front. 15X9 in the rear with big, meaty tires with tall sidewalls like a 275/60/15 and 15X4 in the front with a tall, skinny tire in the 205/75/15 range for less weight and rolling resistance, for example..
but if you want it to take corners- or look like it can take corners- then go wide all around with lower profile tires.
the same 15X9 rim as the drag combo with a 275/50/15 tire in the back, but with a 15X8 in the front with something like a 245/50/15 would fit the bill nicely and look extremely badass with the proper wheel style slection.

Back