You can type here any text you want

Wheel torque question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eagleguy

I have a set of aftermarket 15" Riken wheels on my 86 T Type. Does anyone know that the lug torque requirement is. I recently used an air wrench which was apparently set to high and it knocked of the lug cover/cap. Not looking to snap anything.

I've always gone to 100ft. lbs, no matter what the wheel is made of...and done so with a torque wrench.

I would like to replace the SS capped lug nuts on these wheels as two caps have already come off which I cemented back on with liquid steel. Any ideas for one piece metric lug nuts that will not rust?

I got my lug nuts from http://www.gorilla-auto.com/ , lots of choices with all the dimensions for proper length . I found which lug nuts I wanted on their site and then ordered them from Summit .

Are the lugs for my rims specific they look OEM. They also say "metric" on the caps.

I'm pretty sure they are 12 mm x 1.50 , at least that is what is stamped on one of my lug nuts that came off my stock rotors . Just get the right thread pitch and match up the part that comes in contact with the wheel . If it's tapered most are 60* angle , if they are straight , break out the calipers & measure what you have . Good Luck , Sam

I've torqued 85lbs on all my cars.
And i rechecked a few days later.
I've never had a problem.

D

I have a set of aftermarket 15" Riken wheels on my 86 T Type. Does anyone know that the lug torque requirement is. I recently used an air wrench which was apparently set to high and it knocked of the lug cover/cap. Not looking to snap anything.
Would these rims take Bulge or Standard conical lug nuts?

Back