Wheels and Tires Idea, Help

Reggie West

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
OK here is the brainstorm. Someone pipe in and tell me how crazy I am.

I want to buy a set of Z06 wheels and put them on my T Type.

I plan on using the 17x8.5 on the front and 17x9.5 on the rear.

I have a good idea of tire sizes that will fit the wheels so that is not the problem. The big question is the offset on the Buick and the amount of offset on the Z06 wheels.

Will this work or do I need wheel adapters and all kinds of crap to do it?

Thanks in advance

Might look pretty trick, but you will need wheel adapters. Not sure what size. you would need to know the backspacing of the ZO6 wheels and figure it out from there. Good luck. I wonder if someone could do a quick photoshop of a GN with these on it?

Reggie,
I beleive you will need approx. a 2in. adapter to make them fit. I tried a set of Z28 wheels and it took a 1.75in adapter to get the right clearance. May I suggest that if you go with that big of a adapter, you might want to go with longer wheel studs just to be safe.
Good Luck,
Dave

Thanks Kilr and Boston Boy.

I think they would look pretty slick it is a question of fit to get what I want.

Keep em coming guys.

The C5 wheels have 6 inch backspacing according to SLP's site.

I am told the Z06 wheel has a 50 mm offset on it as well. I am trying to find out if the z06 has the same backspacing.

I thought the Buick had a minimum backspacing of 4.75 inches on it but I cant find anyone to verify that.

Any ideas where I can get adapters for this ?

Reggie,
From what i understand , the knock off version of that wheel can be had with differet offset from that of factorylike for the older vettes 84-86 ect. Now you will still have to use the special spacers but perhaps not as big.

Good luck

i'll have a photoshop pic in a few, anyone have a good side view of buick? im looking for an exact side view because i've got a good pic of the wheel from the side. also, has anyone seen these painted instead of chrome? it would be nice to see these in black.

Vettebrakes in St.Pete Florida makes billet wheel adapters. Pricey, but top quality. :D It will probably run you about $350 a set last time I checked.

Offset and backspacing are just two different ways of measuring the same thing. 0 offset has a backspacing equal to 1/2 of the rim width. 50mm is about 2" (25.4mm/in) and you would add that to 1/2 the width to get backspacing which would be 6.25" for the front (8.5") and 6.75" for the rear (9.5").

Tom