You can type here any text you want

When and why to swap springs??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nero

I'm on the fence with this... I've been told by auto-competent people that there's no reason to change springs and I've also been told the opposite. Mine are, most likely, the 20 year old stockers with 170K on them and I'm wondering when do you know to change springs and do different makes make a difference or is there some truth to the old saying of only a few companies are turning springs while many slap their logo on 'em?

Thanks in advance!!!

Side note: I'm about to do some major suspension work on the front and would like to keep the ride height (saggy stockers)... I'll post pics around 9 Eastern when I get off work.

:D

pics as promised

:cool:

I threw the sexy interior in for ish and giggles. :D :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_1299 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1299 (Large).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1287 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1287 (Large).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1276 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1276 (Large).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 170
I received a set of Eibachs as a gift and was pretty impressed with the difference. The ride isn't any worse and the handling is greatly improved. Actually, I think the ride is better in comparison to the stock springs. I do regret getting KYB shocks though. They may be decent for the stock springs but they can't control the Eibach fronts.

FYI, I'm planning on pulling the fronts and whacking a 1/4 or 1/2 coil off of the springs to get the nose a little lower.

I imagien you got the Eibach Pro Kit!

How much did they drop the rear? 1"? 1.5"?

I need to drop my rear exavtly 1" no more so I was wondering!

Can you see my car's stance, does the Eibach (pro??) kit make it at that height? I'm looking for my current height or lower. Good to hear that there's a noticeable difference, though.

Thanks for the response... keep 'em coming!

I'm pretty sure my car is a little lower than yours. I did get the "Pro Kit". Contrary to what I've read on here and the other board, Eibach doesn't make a G-Body spring set in the "Sportline" style. If they did, I would have got them.

I think I posted some crappy pics of my car a while ago. Try doing a search under my username. They should pop up. All the pics on my Cardomain site are pre-drop. I'm hoping to get some Edelbrock shocks for the front this spring.

Thanks Browndog... lower than mine is A-OK!!! I can speak for the Edelbrock shocks, I have them up front and KYBs in the rear, let's just say the rear rattles hella more than the front on dips/road imperfections etc.

They're a much higher quality ride! The edels are inertia driven and Edelbrock got the science down!!! They're firm when necessary and comfy (not float/boat like) but comfy as hell when they need to be, too!!

In a nut shell, everyone that has them on a TR would recommend them... it's in the archives :biggrin:

Back