When is a goood time for Fast?

D

Darrens89Z

I had an electromotive on my last engine,I liked the freedom of everything at your fingertips.I have the laptop and the ac converter in my car already.Thing is I only have as of right now a stock gn motor with Blue tops.I expect in the future to mod it some more,but does anyone think its to early to just step right into it now?I figure it like this,I need some kind of scan tool right off the bat,which is going to run me a couple hundred dollars.Then I have to rewire my car a little back to stock to install the TTa harnes.I had everything setup before for an aftermarket add on computerso the wires are there already for the Fuel pump,lock up and such.Plus I wont have to hassle with a pulsator for the ecm which will run me another $100 bucks so it can get the imput.I wish I had of thought of this earlier since Jack was having an awesome sale on the Speed pros.Any suggestions?

:cool:

Well, I have to ask why not? It sounds like you're headed that way eventually...

From what I understand, most guys pick up a few tenths just by plugging in the FAST, so why putz around?

Personally, I am a tinkerer and would try to put the FAST on any car that I could. So unless money is an issue, I say go for it.

Besides, I've never heard of anyone unhappy with their decision to go for it.

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

I initially put mine on when the car was real similar to yours. TA49, THDP, hot wired pump, exhaust. I figured it would be easier to learn with the car closer to stock. I still say it was about the best thing I bought for my car.

So you guys really liked the Fast?

Jack,Cottons swears by it.Most here do to.About how long did it take once hooked upt to be up and running?Wish the systen would incorperate a lock up feature though.and maybe wastegate control.Maybe future models?Thanks for all the responses:cool: