You can type here any text you want

When to switch to 28in tall tires?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Adam Connell

Monster Truckin since 87'
I have a set of brand new 28x10.5s but Im only expecting to run a low 12/high 11 right now. Is this tire going to hurt my performance? They are not mounted yet, so I can still sell them, but would they be OK?

28" only hurt 60ft on a track that hooks. After that, the difference in minor.

On the big end, if you are not locking the convertor or running faster than 108 mph, 28" tires will be faster.

Man both of you guys are up around where I go to School. I go to UNT in Denton... I cant bring myself to bring my GN to college though, but I take my bike out to the track sometimes. Ya'll ever go to the 1/8 mile off of 35. I think it's called North Star or something like that. It's under new ownership this year and it's really come around and started hookin for my bike.

I think Im going to just keep my 28s and put them on 10in wheels and call it a day. They wont look so tall on 10s.

Man both of you guys are up around where I go to School. I go to UNT in Denton... I cant bring myself to bring my GN to college though, but I take my bike out to the track sometimes. Ya'll ever go to the 1/8 mile off of 35. I think it's called North Star or something like that. It's under new ownership this year and it's really come around and started hookin for my bike.

I think Im going to just keep my 28s and put them on 10in wheels and call it a day. They wont look so tall on 10s.

You have to be careful with 28" tires on 10" rims as they will be close to both the frame and the fenderlip and dual airbags/rolling the fender should be considered must haves.

Yup, I went to North Star about a month ago. It was hooking well. I think I'm going to use that place to test the t-brake and paractice 60'.
Cars that sre set up fot the 8th mile make mine look like a saturn.

I am upgrading to 28's in this new year. I gotta get a fender roller from Diso Stu.

Hmm... I ran 10.82 at 124 on 275/50/15's wonder what It would have done with a 28 inch tire just thought I did not need it as I still had rpm left. (200r)

Back