You can type here any text you want

where can i get....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hot Air (84/85) DP's won't fit 78/83. The turbine/elbow is different.

When stock, gauges and tuning will get you much further than any bolt on part. Go from 9 psi up to 15 or more (carefully!)

Start with a cone air filter and less restrcitive exhaust. Then a high stall torque converter, MSD 6 BTM, and a custom 2.5" DP.

Oh, big rear tires and a limited slip rear will help too! :)

1. first check all our vac line..heck replace most of them and a good tuneup.
2. Install boost/vac gauge
3. cone filter (honda will fix) dring the summer months
3. Oil gauge
4. Knock gauge
5. exhaust. (not flowmaster)
6. MSD 6 BTM

When you start going above 12psi boost you will need the knock gauge. Unless you want to see if you can replace more HG's than me. ;)

Welcome aboard :D
Jim

cool thanx guyd i cant wait to get this regal goin faster and write now all i got is a boodt guage...it runnin at 5 psi!!! that a little low. damn my dad had the engine rebuilt and a flowmaster exhaust(:() as u said not to...darn!i need to make my wastegate adjustable but it hard to reach to...thanx

You can always change the muff later. I ran a flowmaster until last year when I had the top half rebuilt. Check your air fliter and your cat. One of them is holding back the boost more than likely.

A 13mm socket, 2 bolts then the 2 vac lines a the wastegate is off..opps forgot the C clip.

Does your boost gause read vac? if so, at idle it should read about 18-20. Same for driving, if it runs lower than that you vac a vac or exhaust leak.

Jim

it idle right around 20 but sometimes it does go lower...im pretty sure i have an exhaust leak...how can i clean my cat???

In front of the cat is four bolts from the downpipe. Unbolt them (they will resist), then rebolt one or two with a spacer (nut) in between the flanges. This will let enough exhaust out that if the cat is plugged, you'll see a big difference.

5 psi sounds like a carb problem to me. With the engine warm and off, try working the carb linkage with your hand to see if the seconadry throttle plates open (the lower butterflies). The air valves (upper butterflies) open with vacuum. Push them open with your finger (make sure they are not binding up) and watch the throttle plates. Again, make sure the engine is warm, cause the carb locks out the seconaries when cold. 5 psi is all you'll get if the secondaries won't open. Both my car had this problem.

Don't worry about the actuator yet. At 5 psi, it's never opening (unless the spring is totally shot).

well i just checked my secondaries and they dont move for anything...i can i adjust them or fix them...they are attached to the area where the main throttle linkage is at right...just below that with the springs...correct? if thats true i tried opening them and they would not open!!!

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was drivin the regal around just cruisin and the belt to the fan, alternator and water pump? came off...wut should i do!?!?!?!?!

Originally posted by 83ttypeboi
well i just checked my secondaries and they dont move for anything...they are attached to the area where the main throttle linkage is at right...just below that with the springs...correct? if thats true i tried opening them and they would not open!!!

Your car most be warmed up first, like B4Black said other wise the sec will not open. Yes they are to the back.
Here is a top view, the sec are the ones closed. To ckeck they warm the car up. Shut it off, then pull the throttle linkage all the way back, then push the top plate down in the back. Look in and see if the bottom plate is opened up.
http://members.fortunecity.com/ttype83/Pictures/carbturbo.jpg

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was drivin the regal around just cruisin and the belt to the fan, alternator and water pump? came off...wut should i do!?!?!?!?!
Get a new belt, Did it over heat??? If it didn't over heat for long you shuld be fine.
Jim

i did let the engine warm up then i shut it off...opened up throttle and looked inside, they were shut closed, belt came off about 20 feet from house when coming home...so it ran like that for about 45 sec

Originally posted by pat83t
Jim, what kinda of a damn mess you got going on over there. You know that the driveline isn't suppose to be at the same end as the driveline right? :D ;)

You're to funny pat...That pic is from last year when I had my car at a shop. It's in bubble rap right now :p and my floor/garage does not have that much room. I'll try to get a pic of the car in the garage and all the stuff I had to move to fit it in. :eek:
Jim

i did let the engine warm up then i shut it off...opened up throttle and looked inside, they were shut closed, belt came off about 20 feet from house when coming home...so it ran like that for about 45 sec

Your car should be fine ;) The tab on the bottom passenger side maybe stoping the sec from opening. You may need to remove the tab to let the sec open.
Jim

Back