You can type here any text you want

Where Does This Bracket Go?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blown&Injected

It is a short L shaped piece of round bar.
I believe it is an accessory bracket that probably goes to a header bolt but it has been apart so long.

Thanks

Good question as we couldn't figure that piece out either when we rebuilt and put mine back together about 3 wks ago. Wonder if it serves any major purpose?

If its the one I think it is, it goes from the drivers side, front lower header stud, to the back of the AC compressor bracket. (the big alloy bracket that bolts to the motor.) There is a long (6") bolt that goes through the said L bracket, through the main bracket, all the way through to the front side of the compressor. Hope this makes sense. :smile:

Ahhhh, makes perfect sense and that is it - just fit it in place.

I was so sure that the closed end went to the header bolt. The open end goes to the header bolt and the closed end falls right in place.

Should have spent more time messing with it but you guys are so good - THANKS!
:)

jimmymopower said:
If its the one I think it is, it goes from the drivers side, front lower header stud, to the back of the AC compressor bracket. (the big alloy bracket that bolts to the motor.) There is a long (6") bolt that goes through the said L bracket, through the main bracket, all the way through to the front side of the compressor. Hope this makes sense. :smile:

What he said. I took a picture of it when I had my car apart because I knew I wouldn't remember where it went:

http://turbojimmy.4t.com/gn_engine_pull/042902-04.jpg

Jim

Back