You can type here any text you want

Where to buy spacers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DCEPTCN

Smasher-Devourer
I've just acquired a set of GTA rims (front and back) and am aware that I will likely need to get some spacers. Is there any really simple place 'up the road' like Autozone or something that carries them? I'm honestly too damned impatient to order over the internet. TIA

around here, pepboys was the only chain store to stock them. autozone and oreilly dont. i think it was $12 pair. dont recall, been a couple years.

You're going to need about 9/16" in spacers to run the rears on the front of your car. Really not advisable on a hi performance car. If you're still going to use them you'll at least need to buy some 2" long studs available at most parts stores.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
You're going to need about 9/16" in spacers to run the rears on the front of your car. Really not advisable on a hi performance car. If you're still going to use them you'll at least need to buy some 2" long studs available at most parts stores.
You know, I've heard a few different opinions on spacers ranging from what you said to those who claim the current studs are fine and you should use 7/16" and everything is fine. Huh? Do you know of any actual horror stories?

First of all, let me know if a 7/16th spacer works with TTA wheels. It doesn't with IROC wheels and they are supposed to be the same offset as TTA wheels. I had to use 9/16" in spacers for the wheel lip to clear the tie rod end but they are installed on a slow a$$ NA Regal.

I know this for sure........a 7/16" spacer plus wheel thickness......... and a 1.5" lug stud, is a chance I wouldn't take..........no way, no how. At least use 2" studs......$1.50 each, same original thread.

yeah, get long studs. i use a 5/16" spacer in the rear for my setup. i ran about a week on the stock studs but just didnt feel comfortable. you arent catching very many threads. a larger spacer like you're using leaves even less stud showing. i went with the long ARP studs.

Back