You can type here any text you want

Where to buy wastegate Y fitting

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

0-60n4

I want to convert mine back from manual boost control to automatic. Where can I purchase the complete boost control hose with Y restrictor fitting or at least the proper Y with the correct restrictor? Or can I make my own and install a carb jet in the one hose? size 0.46" ???

Not sure where you can buy just the y fitting but I have one I can send to you. PM your info.

I've never heard of anyone making their own with a jet but I suppose if the size is correct it would do the job...Having said that, in order to get proper boost control doesn't the restrictor need to be .050? I could be wrong..

Is it really needed? I broke mine and picked up a vacuum fitting that was a restrictor although i havent finished the car yet to see how everything works yet, just been one thing after another.

Is it really needed? I broke mine and picked up a vacuum fitting that was a restrictor although i havent finished the car yet to see how everything works yet, just been one thing after another.
I'm no expert but my understanding is the correct y fitting is needed for proper boost control. Or you can just eliminate the whole setup and go with a simple manual boost controller.

I'm no expert but my understanding is the correct y fitting is needed for proper boost control. Or you can just eliminate the whole setup and go with a simple manual boost controller.
Isnt it up to the adjustable wastegate to adjust boost levels or are you talking on a stock non adjustable Wastegate.

Try Kirban, NOS4GN, or G body. I rember see it when I was searching stock parts.

The stock solenoid opens to Raise boost by venting the compressor signal to atmosphere and delaying opening of the wastegate. The restrictor is in there to reduce the boost signal to the wastegate solenoid without it boost overwhelms the solenoid and basically reduces the boost to what the wastegate spring will allow. Any restrictor (0.045-0.05) should do but it needs to be in the line from the compressor housing

The stock solenoid opens to Raise boost by venting the compressor signal to atmosphere and delaying opening of the wastegate. The restrictor is in there to reduce the boost signal to the wastegate solenoid without it boost overwhelms the solenoid and basically reduces the boost to what the wastegate spring will allow. Any restrictor (0.045-0.05) should do but it needs to be in the line from the compressor housing
If your car is not stock, and you have an adjustable wastegate, is there a purpose fort he orfice any more?

The wastegate solenoid was to allow for more boost?

If you do source a new or used one make sure it's correct, as there was a run of bad ones (too large a hole) from GM replacement parts years ago.

Use a pin gauge or small accurate drill sized to measure the hole.

The proper size if not already posted, I think it's .046" also from memory, should be in the archives here if you get the search to work ok.

If your car is not stock, and you have an adjustable wastegate, is there a purpose fort he orfice any more?

The wastegate solenoid was to allow for more boost?

The solenoid still allows you to raise the boost. The adjustible wastegate just sets the base boost level

BOP engineering has a machined one in .040 or .050.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The solenoid still allows you to raise the boost. The adjustible wastegate just sets the base boost level
Then if your adjusting boost on your car, wouldnt you just use your adjustable wastegate?

So why worry about the solenoid?

Then if your adjusting boost on your car, wouldnt you just use your adjustable wastegate?

So why worry about the solenoid?

YOu can do it that way. The solenoid allows you to have a 2 stage boost strategy. I believe also by delaying the signal to the wastegate improves the spool up. Remember the factory boost strategy was high boost for gear 1 and 2 (was actually on a timer) and then drop it few PSI.

Last edited:
Back