You can type here any text you want

where to find a brass proportioning valve?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2toneNV

I have read some of the other threads on here and want to know where I can find the proportioning valve for the brake system on a Turbo Buick? I have already replaced my Pressure Switch, also I read that if the car has the orginal faulty cast prop. valve that GM will replace it no matter how old the car is, is that true?

I have read some of the other threads on here and want to know where I can find the proportioning valve for the brake system on a Turbo Buick? I have already replaced my Pressure Switch, also I read that if the car has the orginal faulty cast prop. valve that GM will replace it no matter how old the car is, is that true?

That was a recall in Canada.

That brass switch is discontinued from GM.

Frank

I purchased one from a GM dealership about a year ago. Just ask for a brass combination valve to replace the factory one. They may have one on a shelf or at least be able to locate one in the system.

The GM part number is 25509419. Delco is 172-1353. It is discontinued. Has been since the begining of this year. The recall did not involve the G-body. Scroll down the threads and you'll see where I have posted a copy of the recall. Personally I wouldn't replace it if your brakes are working. The only reason for the brass valve was to address some corrosion problems they had on the B-body wagon because of the placement of that valve on that model. Water drained down the A-pillar and cowl right on top of the valve on those cars. Nothing wrong with the cast irons IMO.

ebay has them

Back