You can type here any text you want

Where to find turnbuckle for adj. wastegate

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hardway

I am looking for a 2" - 3" turnbuckle for converting my non-adj. wastegate to adjustable. I have looked at Home Depot, Lowe's, and Tractor Supply Co. All have the same hollow soft aluminum turnbuckles. I am needing something made of steel or if aluminum has some solid material inside for strength. After searching the net I am going to check a local boat shop for some stainless steel rigging turnbuckles. Does anyone know where else to find these turnbuckles, either at a store or online?

do you have a fastenal store near you?
if not, look around their website and see if they have anything.

Yes I have a Fastenal store here in Cedar Park, they do not carry any that are made of steel but they can get them. Unfortunately I would have to buy 100 for them to order it. I was able to find a steel one but its only about 1" long so it does not provide very much adjustment. I am going to check a mom and pop hardware store tomorrow and a boat shop. Any other ideas?

You need a 1/4-20 rod coupler. They are used for joining 2 pieces of all thread. Take the actuator to a machine shop and have one end threaded right hand and the other left hand. You can adjust it without taking the rod off this way. Machine shop prolly won't cost 20 - 25 bucks. Which is better than ruining your actuator

Back