You can type here any text you want

Where to get 204/214

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1401

Can't seem to find this cam on the net. I went to northernautoparts.com and couldn't find it. Anyone know where to get one and does anyone have a oart #? Is that a roller cam?

TIA,

No, not a roller. It's a hydraulic cam, works well with a fresh set of GM lifters.

Several vendors carry the same grind, labeled by different cam companies, other than SpeedPro.

Compare specs with cams at Flatlander Racing.

HTH :)

Found one at Edelbrock but it said not for computer controlled engines. I did a search on the board and someone said it was the same thing and didn't matter. So your saying that they are all the same? Kind of dumb on the matter so please bear w/ me.:D

Closest From Flatlander

Mid-range grind w/power range 2500 RPM & up. 270-80H

214/224 @50 Duration

470"/.490" Lift

112 Overlap

$119

Don't worry about the Computer warning on the Buick cams.

Lots of speed equpment is labeled for "off-road use only."

That keeps the EPA & company attorneys satisfied.

Yep, very few Cam companies grind their own cams. The 204/214 SpeedPro is re-labeled by other companies as their very own, so check specs from several companies for what you're seeking.

As far as I know, only Crane (celebrating their 50-year anniversary) does everything in-house. They grind hundreds of cams sold by other Cam companies.

Crane is the #1 choice among NASCAR race teams, so they remain state-of-the-art. You might want to peruse their selections also.

My best suggestion would be to call one of the great cam techs at Crane, tell him your combo/plans, & get a recommendation.

HTH :)

I checked that one and it came up w/ a 400-455 buick engine. I found a Schneider 204/214.

Excellent power from 1500 - 4500 RPM.
#256-2H (grind #)
256/262 (adv duration)
204/214 (.050" duration
.448"/.470" (valve lift)
112 (valve lash)
.000" (lobe sep.)
$119

What is so special about the speed pro if they are all the same?:confused:

Sorry, didn' see your last post.

Right now I have the comp cams 212/212. Really don't like. Someone talked me in to it. I did a search on the frum and it seems like everyone like the 206/206 and the 204/214 cam. That is where I made my decision. But you are right. Get a cam for your setup.

JC Whitney sells it under Wolverine Blue Racer name. I think Advance Auto sells Wolverine.

Sean...Just look for anyone that sells Federal Mogul.I had my Buddy who Runs National auto parts order that same cam for me.The motor should be back in the car next week....If your interested in this cam,I can hook you up with my buddy who ordered it for me.He orders straight from Fed.Mogul and can have it shipped to you.Let me Know...Shawn

Back