You can type here any text you want

Where to get Vacuum Check Valve

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
Hi all,

The vacuum check valve between the steel line and my EGR is blown through. I checked Auto Zone and NAPA - neither have the right valve (all they have is a small universal one. I've bypassed the EGR anyway, but the line also feeds my heater controls and some other stuff.

Anyone know where to get the correct valve?

Thanks,
Jim

I'll have to check them out.

In the meantime I unhooked the EGR from the T and capped it. I might just leave it that way since there's another check valve downstream for the HVAC stuff.

Jim

I have several GM check valves, if you are talking about the black and white one I can ship it out to you for 5 bucks. You can also go to the salvage yard as these are on most 90 something Gran Prix and other like GM bodies. The ones from the auto parts stores are OK just not GM.

Go to the Buick dealer, replaced all mine last year and they were still available from the dealer.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Looks like the US Plastic valves hold back up to 150 PSI. I wonder if the stock ones blew because of high boost or that they're 20 years old? I can see straight through mine (which makes me wonder where the diaphragm went).

Jim

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Looks like the US Plastic valves hold back up to 150 PSI. I wonder if the stock ones blew because of high boost or that they're 20 years old? I can see straight through mine (which makes me wonder where the diaphragm went).

Jim
put the 3/8 in line with your pcv it will stop boost in the crankcase because the factory pcv does not seal

Back