You can type here any text you want

Where to put water temp sensor on 84 hot air car ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bpman1234

Yes just got this 84 and came without any of the gauges so got to start from scratch .need to know where I tap on to .I know the oil should be like the intercooled motors the brass fitting where it feeds the turbo bottom of the passenger side . Thanks in advance .

20160618_103042.jpg
20160618_103033.jpg

In the first picture the left sensor is the ecm one and the right one is a bmw dual temp switch for my e fans. In the second pic is the temp gauge sensor directing under the thermostat housing.

Black night can you give me the part number for the bmw dual temp and how you wired it ?

The switch number Is61311378073. I haven't got mine wired yet last thing before I get to try and crank this ol girl. Check out http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99248. I'm using this to wire mine. I tapped the boss on the right but if I could do it again I would tap one of the factory temp senders in on the blank boss and put the bmw switch in one of the existing holes. The switch is tight under the fuel rail bit fits. The bmw switch needs a 14x1.5 thread.

Back