You can type here any text you want

Which Carburetor fits?!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

v6_turbo

I'm having a minor problem, I just bought a 3.8L turbo engine with a broken carburetor, and now I have to purchase a new one. I don't know the model year of the engine. I was wondering if all those 4 bbl that came with those engines fit each other.

On eBay, there is a carburetor that fits a '81 model of 231cid 3.8 buick turbo, and I am wondering if it should fit my engine. I don't want to buy a carb that doesn't fit, you see.

Here is the link in case you're wondering.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CARB...33550QQitemZ7950268529QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Best regards,

I have a Q-jet Rochester rebuilt from Holley. It has about 8k on it. It was on my 83 T-type before I intercooled it. I also have a turbo that only has idle time on it if you are interested. I would take $250 for both. The turbo cost me $600 and the carb was $450. Email me at Clendmik@aol.com or PM me if interested. Thanks Michael

Some are electronic and some are not. Does your motor have an ECM? Does the old carb have electrical connections?

1981-1983 used electronic carbs.

Back