Which Flows More?

On paper, the dual 2.25" has a little less than 1 square inch more area, but when you take boundary layer's into acount it's almost a wash. Dual 2.5" is definately better than a single 3"

Technically speaking a dual 2 1/4" system has more flow area (7.95" for the dual 2.25" pipes -vs- 7.07" for the single 3.00" pipe). But I'm no airflow engineer so there may be other factors involved so I can't tell ya that it'd be better than a single 3". A lot of people seem to like the 3" single shot systems. There aren't many people that run less than a 2.5" dual system as far as I know, but I do remember hearing quite some time ago of one member that was running a 2.25" dual setup on an 11 sec TB.

I just replaced my older-than-dirt ATR 2.25" stainless cat-back with a 2.50" Torque Tech dual setup. It was getting pretty nasty looking, it was at least 12 years old and the welds in the y-pipe were rusting so I decided to step up.

Steve

FWIW the single 3" w/ straight through muffler went ~ 2.5 mph faster on my car than the Hooker 2.5" dual with straight through mufflers.

TurboTR

These cars defy the laws of physics so it is hard to tell. Turbo TR's car probably went faster because the turbo liked the added restriction. Are you running a catalytic converter? Stock?

My car also likes the single 3" better. I think it works better because it keeps the velocity better than the duals.:cool: Frank

IMO it went faster because of less restriction. Uncorking the 2.5" Hooker setup at the track also provided a ~ 3 mph gain, consistently. 126, 126, 126 mph capped then 129, 129 mph uncapped, same night. A week or so later put on the 3" SS and went 129, 129, then uncapped it and went 129.5 :) Clearly it flows better in my case. Plus it weighs alot less.

Just my results. YMMV.

TurboTR

I am for the weight savings if nothing else. Not to mention a single looks slower.