You can type here any text you want

Which one maxeffort or fast?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whitettype86

Young William
What system do u guys like? And why?

I have 16pos maxeffort now with 83lbs injectors and was thinking
about making it maxeffort mafless. But some guys like maxeffort
and some guys like speed pro fast ecu. I' m leaning over to selling the maxeffort and going to the fast system. But would like to no more about the pro's and con's of each :D

I like the max effort.....so if you want to sell yours let me know....

The fast system is better but more costly and if I only had one car would probably talk myself into it but the ME is 90+% of the fast...and it saves money....

The new extender stuff is sorta like a ME also....

Ultimatelysure a fast or accel gen 7 but 2300$ + is alot to spend........I think I ll go that way if I get to the 572 I want to build.

I vote for the R. Wayyy easier and just as fast or faster till you get LOW 9/8 sec. Not sure if anyone is running 8s on it.

Originally posted by Whitettype86
What system do u guys like? And why?

I have 16pos maxeffort now with 83lbs injectors and was thinking
about making it maxeffort mafless. But some guys like maxeffort
and some guys like speed pro fast ecu. I' m leaning over to selling the maxeffort and going to the fast system. But would like to no more about the pro's and con's of each :D

Considering Jackson, and Sullivan are running 9s with the ME stuff would seem like they work.

Well I have no ME experience, but recently went to a F.A.S.T. and am amazed at how it woke up my car. The price looks a little imtimidating, but when you look at what you can sell that you no longer need (MAF, ECM, all those chips, Scanmaster, Turbolink, etc.), it almost cuts the price in half. That and it's flat easy to use. If you can change cells in a spreadsheet, you can work with the Felpro. The computer is CORRECTING to you set parameters 10 times a second and you get a WB O2. Good insurance in my book. Does the ME correct what it sees is out of order or just work like a more tuneable chip?

Bob, your new engine woke up your car. :D The R doesn't correct, it makes you correct. The program is that good! I haven't raced my car in 2 yrs. I set the R on 32 offset, C on the TW, (pretty rich and race timing) went out, got the boost to go up to 24# (took 4 runs as the bleeder didn't do much) running 12.3 @ 124, 127.8, Then let her rip. First ET run was a 10.39 @ 127.3 with a 1.47 60' I can't wait to go back to try adjusting it. Sucks though, no C clip eliminators, and I don't have side bars on the roll bar yet, lazy bastard!:mad: I bet FELPRO is wicked cool, BUT I went 4/10 quicker, and 2 MPH faster than the first place trophy car at the BBQ with identical set ups. RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX! I bet it'll go 10teen 128+ I just gotta kiss a little a$$ to run it again. Lucky guess on the settings? No way! BTW I wish I watched you a little more on the computer on your roof. It's REALLY interesting stuff! I bet it's a blast.:cool:

Russ, I didn't know that you and Joe had the same combo. It will be interesing to compare your progress. Before I went to the Felpro, I was running a new 8 POS Casper chip for my combo and it was missing and popping, but did run 11.8 @ 117. I couldn't get rid of the missing and knock with the chip and decided to give the Felpro a try. The SOP difference was simply incredible. It's almost to different to put into words. I briefly considered Trans+ and ME, but that would still leave me with the slow stock ECM (and still not be INexpensive), so I made the big move. Good luck TUNING up the wick!

I heard its way easier with the fast setup then with maxeffort.
I'm still confused with maxeffort. Like I don't have A/c and u need that switch to adjust parameters. I like the fast setup due to its all done on the laptop and its moniter from the laptop to. So I'm really thinking about selling my maxeffort. Its just going to set me back awhile from running the car.

Don't forget about the gen 7 dfi. Very user friendly, WBO2, built in 2 step so no need for a $400.00 msd, can control 3 stages of nos or alky, no need for a scan tool, can datalog for up to a half hour WITHOUT a laptop in the car, can control torque convertor lockup and ac too. Plus a whole lot of other stuff. I'm not putting down the ME or Fast just throwing out another option.

steve hughes

Have u seen Lonnie lately? I've been waiting for my transmission from him. I know his computer is down. And he's been busy but I need that bad boy so I can get this car going.:)

Don't forget about the gen 7 dfi.

What does the accel gen 7 dfi need to get it to work on are cars?

Whitettype86

I talked to him a few days ago. I know he has been very busy. I'll ask him next time i talk to him. What's your name?

Lonnie can hook you up with a dfi. The unit comes with a universal wiring harness. Which is ok if you're building a race car or hybrid, otherwise it's a pain in the ass to take off a good gn harness and use the universal. Or you can get an adaptor harness from fastrack performance. Unplug the stock ecm ,plug adaptor in then plug gen 7 into it. He can also get that for you too. Then throw away the maf sensor. You'll need a decent laptop. One with a cd rom and atleast 366 mhz 500 is better. The down side to the gen 7 is the current lack of tech support. It is user friendly though.

The Accel VII sure is lacking as far as table size goes in my opinion, by the time you crank it up for 3 bar applications there are way too few steps in the fuel table.

The ME has gone thru a long evolution and has been refined, and taylored for the GNs. And just the GNs, it's not some universal one size fits all like the aftermarket stuff. I seriously doubt you could get the fueling as good as Steve has with the latest ME's.
Any system that lets you run 9's out of the box, ain't too bad. 9's assuming you have the car to do. And while you can mistune and blow anything up, that's much easier to do with a laptop tuned ecm then an ME since the ME keeps you within a reasonable window of tune.
Not to mention that the ME also leaves alot more in the piggy bank for buying other stuff.

I think you know my position even though you have all my stuff:D Get your FAST, put in the converter and motor and lets get together so I can stomp a mud-hole in it with my Max-Effort....I will have extra cash to buy the beers since I didn't spring for the FAST;)

Wide-band O2's burn out too in an unleaded environment:) Use the ME with an EGT and remove your O2:cool:

Originally posted by aDFIguy
Bruce, there are some things you don't know. check out the new thread.

I never said I did.
I only mentioned what my OPINIONS are.

Nice of you to start a new thread acting like you do know it all.

Are you going to ever give any straight answers any of the guestions I ask?.

I tired asking them on the other thread you started and you just hemhawed around.

In case anyone missed it his claim for fame is 3 class winners, out of all the units they've sold. His facts not mine.

Can you explain how a 90% DC with the FAST differs from 90% DC with a ME? or how 24d with a FAST is somehow different from 24d with a ME?.
And you can use technical terms with me, and dispense with the advertising mumbo jumbo.

Intercooler,

It looks like I'm going to keep my max-effort and have it updated to max-effort mafless and buy a spark translater from Ramchargers. So we can both join in on the beers:D

Back