You can type here any text you want

Which wheels to choose?!?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mjdwyer23

Woosh WaGoN
I am trying to choose between the following wheels:
17"
18x8.jpg

18"
black_front.jpg

or 17"

torqthrustm_black_black.jpg

Each set is about the same price. What am I to do?????

The first or last ones would be my choices. I have seen the Rondells on a t-type 17x8 in front and 17x10 in back and they look really good. I'm thinking of getting the black TTII wheels for my car so obviously I think those look good too. Buicks need lots of dish in my opinion, thats why I don;t really like the middle wheels.

I agree with you on the dish. Actually, a Buick with the Rondells was on ebay recently. I do like the dish they have, and they'd look pretty good in black I think. I'm not sure whether to do 17's or 18's at this point.

I agree with you on the dish. Actually, a Buick with the Rondells was on ebay recently. I do like the dish they have, and they'd look pretty good in black I think. I'm not sure whether to do 17's or 18's at this point.

The one on ebay is the one I was refering to. It is local and I have seen it a few times in person.

I was trying to decide between 17s and 18s too recently and went with 17s. The tires are cheaper and I think 17s actually look better in the wheel wells. The 18s don't leave enough tire to look good on GNs I think.

i like one or two. not sure if i would like the silver or black till i seen them on the car. dave

I prefer the last one.
Simple, classic, yet updated look.
Just my preference...

on the fence with 17s vs 18s

. The 18s don't leave enough tire to look good on GNs I think.

So... people with 18s, how comfortable are your rides (daily driving in mind)? If most tire selection do force lower profile tires, then wouldn't the ride quality be comprimised?

thanks

These are real nice wheels!

Attachments

• 788-504202.jpg
    788-504202.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 382
  • fm10.jpg
    fm10.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 370
  • holestar_front_175.jpg
    holestar_front_175.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 359
  • m48054.jpg
    m48054.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 374
So... people with 18s, how comfortable are your rides (daily driving in mind)? If most tire selection do force lower profile tires, then wouldn't the ride quality be comprimised?

thanks

Honestly, I hardly noticed any difference in ride quality, if anything it seemed to improve. For instance, railroad tracks, with the stock wheels and tall tires, you'd get thrown all over in the car side-to-side thanks to the tall sidewall letting the tires flex, with the 18s you don't get any crap like that because the widewalls are too small to flex, but at the same time it doesn't feel like a "harsh" ride. I thought it was going to be so awful based on all the people saying low profile tires make for an awful ride but I think it's fine. Obviously yes there are certain bumps or road conditions where you might feel it a bit more with a 2 inch sidewall than with 5.5.

Honestly, I hardly noticed any difference in ride quality, if anything it seemed to improve. For instance, railroad tracks, with the stock wheels and tall tires, you'd get thrown all over in the car side-to-side thanks to the tall sidewall letting the tires flex, with the 18s you don't get any crap like that because the widewalls are too small to flex, but at the same time it doesn't feel like a "harsh" ride. I thought it was going to be so awful based on all the people saying low profile tires make for an awful ride but I think it's fine. Obviously yes there are certain bumps or road conditions where you might feel it a bit more with a 2 inch sidewall than with 5.5.

Thanks for the response.

ya those are sharp looking wheels!

well, i just landed a KILLER RARE set of RIKEN 16X8 black mesh wheels myself, and once shipping comes in on them; I will post the link for those HRE imitations ive been keeping to myself :) Sence Im not going to run those rims any more I will let someone else be the first to see if they'll will work.

nice wheels cheyetown

id choosed the 3rd one. u should consider some crome irocs. u will turn a lot of heads with those.

Back