You can type here any text you want

White LS1 Ram Air Trans Am

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Epitome

Staff member
Well, I've been having some good luck lately for a change. Other than the fact I have been chasing down a minor problem that I thought I had figured out (started up again as I pulled in my garage doh!), I have been bumping into some willing "fellow car enthusiasts";) . I took out the GN to run and get a video at about 10pm tonight. After getting the video I was about to jump back onto the NYS Thruway to head home when I notice that I had just passed a white LS1 Ram Air TA sitting in the Friendly's parking lot with what I think was a red convertible Mustang. I could see the guys were standing outside their cars talking and looking at my car as I went by. So, rather than get on the Thruway, I quickly hang a left into the Exxon station so as to loop back around and chat with these guys. As I am about to make the right and go back I see the white TA about to pull out (to come after me?). So I just sit and wait and sure enough he comes rolling by me as if to say "follow me". I tuck in behind him and we hit the Thruway together. We are rolling along at about 30 mph with me on the entrance ramp behind him in 2nd gear. Other than a car and an 18 wheeler that are just passing us, the road is a long empty straight away. After they pass I cut over into the middle lane thinking "this is perfect, we'll let that car and truck get way ahead and with no one behind us we may even be able to go from a stop". No such luck. As I swing over, he must think I am getting on it to pass him so he nails it. I was not expecting that. When the full 20lbs of boost in 2nd gear came on he was a clear 2-3 cars ahead. I think he was probably in shock when I went by him like a rocket ship. At this point I was was in the left lane passing the truck and car, so I was satisfied with the 3 or so cars I had on him and let off. He did the ricer fly by on the right, staying on it until he was 7-10 cars ahead. I flashed my headlights to see if he'd slow down and let me hammer him again, but all he did was flash his tail lights a few times to say "good race" and kept on going. I tunred around at the next exit to see if I could get back and take a shot at that mustang, but he was gone ;) . You think the guy in that TA will tell his friend in the mustang how hard he got hammered?............nah :)

Great Kill

He prolly FELT your turbo sucking him in as you went by.

Keep the shinny side up. :D

Back