You can type here any text you want

White Smoke Please help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turboftw

Please forgive me if i might sound like a noob, But my gn is running fine and all but when it's in WOT it smokes white smoke out of the exhaust even when my alky is turned off i thought that might be the problem but it wasn't. Also i checked for a head gasket and that didn't seem to be the problem, Any ideas of what it is? also the smell of extra fuel when this happens at idle and i rev up

Survey Says................................................................

Attachments

• buickhead.jpg
    buickhead.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 359
Please forgive me if i might sound like a noob, But my gn is running fine and all but when it's in WOT it smokes white smoke out of the exhaust even when my alky is turned off i thought that might be the problem but it wasn't. Also i checked for a head gasket and that didn't seem to be the problem, Any ideas of what it is? also the smell of extra fuel when this happens at idle and i rev up

My smoke is white as well. Smells like the extra oil thing you are talking about.
Eager to get more responses. My valve seals and turbo were replaced. But it did it before the mods. I do not want to sound ignorant but I wonder if the synthetic oils have anything to do with it. I am going to switch to conventional next time. Sorry for the dumb post.:o

Not a head gasket already did a compression check and had it checked out as well and nothing there =) although i did recently replace my radiator due to leaking and i wonder if that had anything to do with it. It's not heavy white smoke just a little. I replaced my radiator and it still smokes a little but not leaking. And the boost holds good above 22 with race gas so it can't be a head gasket i don't think since if it was it wouldn't hold that much boost...

Not a head gasket already did a compression check and had it checked out as well and nothing there =) although i did recently replace my radiator due to leaking and i wonder if that had anything to do with it. It's not heavy white smoke just a little. I replaced my radiator and it still smokes a little but not leaking. And the boost holds good above 22 with race gas so it can't be a head gasket i don't think since if it was it wouldn't hold that much boost...

compression doesnt tell the whole picture it just tells you the the compression ring is intact but when you wot your head could be lifting and or your graphite on your gasket is gone and is leaking under the ring

I Have Been Watching This Thread And All You Ase Mechanices Forget One Thing The Man Is Right , It Is Not Head Gaskets. It Would Not Create The Boost And Would Smoke All The Time. This Is A Problem Caused By The Coolant Lines That Run To The Throttle Body The Gasket Is Leaking And When Under High Boost It Pushes Water In The Throttle Body. Simple Fix, Bolck Them You Dont Need Them Anyways, Common Problem , Everyone Jumps To A Head Gasket.
That Is Why I Love This Board There Are 10000 Mechanics And Only One Of Them Knows How To Read And Write

Best Of Luck On Your Fix, And May God Bless All The Souls Of The Crappy Mechanics On Here Cause You All Suck

You write(type) quicker if you didn't capitalize every word? That would tend to wear out the shift button.....then you would need a computer mechanic that can read and write.

Man, that's hard to read. My head hurts.

I Have Been Watching This Thread And All You Ase Mechanices Forget One Thing The Man Is Right , It Is Not Head Gaskets. It Would Not Create The Boost And Would Smoke All The Time. This Is A Problem Caused By The Coolant Lines That Run To The Throttle Body The Gasket Is Leaking And When Under High Boost It Pushes Water In The Throttle Body. Simple Fix, Bolck Them You Dont Need Them Anyways, Common Problem , Everyone Jumps To A Head Gasket.
That Is Why I Love This Board There Are 10000 Mechanics And Only One Of Them Knows How To Read And Write

Best Of Luck On Your Fix, And May God Bless All The Souls Of The Crappy Mechanics On Here Cause You All Suck

In order to save myself the time in correcting all your wrong statements, I'll just say this: You're a moron.... pretty much sums it up.... :rolleyes:

Good luck TurboFTW with resolving your problem. My suggestion is to pull the intercooler hose feeding the TB and see if it is wet with oil. I had a bad seal on one of my turbo's and it sucked oil through the TB and smoked. That's all I got for you but there are so many things that go wrong (and right) with these cars. I did get a good laugh out of bmackinnon's response. There are some funny people on this board.

A couple simple things.

Check your intake to head bolts and make sure they are all tight. A loose intak bolt or two could cause you to suck oil from the liger valley and into the intake/exhaust passages.

Also...make sure your dip stick tube is in all the way. You might be reading the oil level incorrectly if the tube is not all the way in. This will cause you to add too much oil...too much oil will cause your car to smoke white.

Even if the dipstick is all the way in, try to run about half a qt less oil and see if that helps...mine smokes if I fill all the way to the full line, so I run a little less than full and the smoke goes a way.

In mine....
"liger" = lifter....I was still dizzy with laughter after reading through onequik6's kids post....

I also forgot to mention the exhaust side of your turbo. That's where my stocker leaked before I replaced it. I would get white smoke in the exhaust, but the intake side was dry. Pulled the ehaust housing and had some end play as well as evidence of cooked oil in the exhaust housing.

Well for one my dip stick tends to jump up and down for some reason. Another my turbo does leak oil (very small amount) i need to get that fixed also. I am trying to resolve the white smoke situation today since it's my day off =) Thanks for all the responses guys. As for the head gasket. Nope not that pulled them and looked and there fine =\. O well though i replaced them anyway lol I will let you guys know when i figure it out what was wrong with it.

Well for one my dip stick tends to jump up and down for some reason. Another my turbo does leak oil (very small amount) i need to get that fixed also. I am trying to resolve the white smoke situation today since it's my day off =) Thanks for all the responses guys. As for the head gasket. Nope not that pulled them and looked and there fine =\. O well though i replaced them anyway lol I will let you guys know when i figure it out what was wrong with it.

do you have a breather on both valve covers if not that can cause your dipstick to pop up. i know it fixed mine also make sure you have the right pcv valve in there

Back