You can type here any text you want

Who else can do chips?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

prokeep15

I was wondering who else out there can do chips that I can get ahold of? If anyone has input please post who with a number please.

Eric at turbotweak.com That all I use but I think Bob Bailey does chips, Joe Lubrant, and Red Armstrong.

Jason

My personal favorite is Max Effort. But it costs substanially more than a normal chip. I have used Joe Lubrant and TurboTweak as well. The cars ran well on those chips too. I have heard good things about Red Armstrong too.

Sweet6 said:
My personal favorite is Max Effort. But it costs substanially more than a normal chip. I have used Joe Lubrant and TurboTweak as well. The cars ran well on those chips too. I have heard good things about Red Armstrong too.
Who does the Max Effort? Bob Bailey?

Jason

Better yet.. what are you trying to accomplish?

Well I'd like to get into the 11's first. Starting from the back I have a walbro 340 with the racetronix kit, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 50lbs injectors, 160 thermo, Adjustable wastegate with the RJC controller, RJC powerplate, stock DP with a cutout and ported elbow, Precision T&E PT-52, K&N filter, heated o2 sensor, 3200stall from Century Tranny(Kurtz) with a freshly built tranny from them also.100lbs valve springs, and a "performance" valve job(I guess he used a different cut when machining them). Oh yea and turbolink & scanmaster. I want just a good streetchip since AZ gas is only 91...and a strong track chip for C16. Does that help a little Razor? I plan on buying your alky kit as soon as I get the car running good with C16 and make a few strong passes at the track.

You should already be in the 11's with those mods easily on racegas or alky.

Jason

haha I hope so, with the right tires... This will be the first time the setup has come together! The car hasnt been driven in almost a year, and everything is in the garage waiting to get put back together. When it was stock I got a 12.9 at 103 out of it on 91 octane and drag radials.

The race gas will require a high timing/high fueling chip.

The alky will require a mid timing/low-mid fueling chip.

Pump gas requires a low timing/low-mid fueling chip.

Three different chips. Three different tuning strategies.

If your trying to shake the car down, leave your street chip in... add 108/110 octane.. turn the boost up till you see a little knock.. then play with your fuel pressure reg dialing in the O2's. Make sure to pre-heat the O2..that lead will kill it.

little higher than that. Any lower and your EGT's will start raising. The higher the EGT's are the faster things happen. .1 degrees of knock can turn into 10 in no time.

Jason

Back