You can type here any text you want

Who had the tan 84 regal with the carb conversion?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
It was for sale a year or two ago. It was an n/a car orginally and had a carb turbo motor dropped in it. Had a turbo hood on it maybe. The seller had vector ttype wheels on it with a pair of extras with slicks on the back. I think it sold for around 2200. Who had or has this car? I can't find it after searching the for sale section for nearly 2 hours. A friend and I plan on doing this swap and would like some info from someone that has done it successfully. The car is an 84 that originally had a v6 and the turbo motor is from an 83.

I don't know Jesse but if you need parts PM me. I need to get rid of some stuff with my current situation.

I know the car was owned by an IC owner and someone on the board bought it I think. I'll post this in the for sale section later. The most I think we will need would be a wiring harness, trans crossmember, and 83 computer and chip. We aren't planning this project until sometime this winter/spring. I'll keep it mind that you have stuff. I'll have to study some wiring diagrams and try to answer my own questions I have about making this work like I want it to.

what type of carb turbo stuff do youhave? like for a 79?

I've got a complete intake set up minus the carb right now. It's for an 81 so it has the E4ME instead of the correct carb to run without a puter. I was going to us it on the NA I bought and then I got the T Type with everything so I don't need them now. I took the turbo apart for my turbo project so I have to get bushings for it and have the center rebalanced and it's basically a new one at that point. Costs about $100 to do it. I also have a rebuilt 78-79 distributor that I bought through a local parts store and it was about $150 by itself. You can use a set of 83-85 headers, crossover, and up-pipe and you can get them in the for sale section fairly cheap.

I know the car was owned by an IC owner and someone on the board bought it I think. I'll post this in the for sale section later. The most I think we will need would be a wiring harness, trans crossmember, and 83 computer and chip. We aren't planning this project until sometime this winter/spring. I'll keep it mind that you have stuff. I'll have to study some wiring diagrams and try to answer my own questions I have about making this work like I want it to.

You shouldn't need the harness Jesse, you should be able to do a few mods to the current one. Look at LilSpanns project again to get a better idea.

Yes actually it will need a harness, it's been chopped up. One question though, will I need the 83 TR computer and chip to run the OD trans??? I'm thinking it might just be easier to get the correct components than try to hack things in.

Yes actually it will need a harness, it's been chopped up. One question though, will I need the 83 TR computer and chip to run the OD trans??? I'm thinking it might just be easier to get the correct components than try to hack things in.

You're in luck Jesse. You know I'm a bit of a parts whore afterall.:biggrin: I think I have a complete harness out of a V6 Cutlass from the block to the front. I'll check tomorow to make sure I've got it all. You shouldn't need anything extra because of the lock up convertor that was in the car from the factory so you should be ok.

I could swore the plugs for the transmissions were different, you know going from 3 speed to 4 speed.

PM one of the tranny guys Jesse. The only 1 that's hard to get a response out of is chris718. Dusty, bison, and lonnie will respond fairly quick but chris is slow to respond if he doesn't know you. Good parts though.

I know the guy to get ahold of! FREDDIE:cool:

Oh, I tore my heater box out last night. Talk about suck! If I would have know I had to take that much apart to get it out I would have just painted around it

He's usually on the other mother board. I don't t hink he's been on there much either. I think he's in stealth mode;) I gotta find out some more details about this whole thing and I'll pm him

Back