You can type here any text you want

who is charlie?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

alteredregal

few days a go I was at the local track. There was a guy there with a gold/brown regal his was a newer body like the 87 Grand National. I was walking the pits and seen he had the hood off so I looked. The motor looked no different than my 79 except for a nitrous plate and the turbo looked strange. I watched this dude pull a 12 flat with it. He ran again and it was 12.05 or something like that hard to remember but it was a low 12. After the second run he made I went to talk to him. I asked him what he did to the motor to make it run like that and he said he put a Pontiac turbo on it. He said some number but I can’t remember for the life of me. He told me to come here and ask a guy named Charlie. So what turbo is it? Where can I find it? who is charlie?

Charlie f1 is who you want .. The only guy to come up with a turbo mod for hot air cars .. Props to charlie very smart guy from texas ..

few days a go I was at the local track. There was a guy there with a gold/brown regal his was a newer body like the 87 Grand National. I was walking the pits and seen he had the hood off so I looked. The motor looked no different than my 79 except for a nitrous plate and the turbo looked strange. I watched this dude pull a 12 flat with it. He ran again and it was 12.05 or something like that hard to remember but it was a low 12. After the second run he made I went to talk to him. I asked him what he did to the motor to make it run like that and he said he put a Pontiac turbo on it. He said some number but I can’t remember for the life of me. He told me to come here and ask a guy named Charlie. So what turbo is it? Where can I find it? who is charlie?

that would not be charlie... that would be Matt (matt231v6)... Hes in Il... he recently ran I believe was an 11.87.He has a large cowl hood on his car. Charlie Is a VERY good source for these cars. Alot of smart minds in this forum exept for one :biggrin:

Well...

I'm Charlie.:biggrin: If you are interested in one of the modified 301 turbos then you'll need to do a little looking for the parts. If you want to have an idea of how to build one then click on the second link in my sig.:)
It's a bit long and has a bunch of BS in it, but it has pretty much all the info you need to make one out of parts that you can get off this board or evilbay. It's also posted over at GN/ttype.org as a sticky in the B4Black section if you want the condensed version. There's also one other place you can look for parts called the 301garage.com. They're a little behind the tech we've been using but they have some good info about the draw through systems.

Just for you guys, I've got a special set of tools coming so I can do proper overhauls of E4ME carbs including setting the electronic parts like the TPS ect. On the other site the owner has done a write up on a stock rebuild that's really well done and I'll be doing a write up here as well as there on performance mods to the Q-jet for the non puter controled carbs as well as the puter controled carbs. With things in termoil with the shop right now it may take me a while but I'm going to do my best to write up everything with some very detailed pics so you get an idea of what you can, and cannot do to get more performance out of a Q-jet.;)

Charlie Luv u Long time, just look above his avitar :biggrin:

that would not be charlie... that would be Matt (matt231v6)... Hes in Il... he recently ran I believe was an 11.87.He has a large cowl hood on his car. Charlie Is a VERY good source for these cars. Alot of smart minds in this forum exept for one :biggrin:

can you send me his email or phone number. i would like to ask him some questions. his car actually ran faster? very impressive must have been a bad day for him then.

charlie where did you get the idea for the turbo? what is your car running?

charlie where did you get the idea for the turbo? what is your car running?

I didn't start from scratch. I got hints off GN/Ttype and on another board. A friend gave me two 301 TTA turbos and it took me a year before I found a member on here that had done it. He put one on a completely stock 83 T and was doing low 13's right off the bat. His name is Philbuilt 65 and he pointed me in the right direction.:)

As far as the car, it's not running right now, it's under construction and on hold until I find a new shop.:frown: Here's the link to the build so you can get an idea of what I've been up against.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/before-black-non-sfi-tech/322115-finally-got-some-time.html

You can PM Matt231 on the board with your info if you want but I won't give his email out. That's up to him.:)

As a last teaser pic this is my intake after porting. It's not done yet but it's getting there.:smile: Top is ported, second is stock, and third is the new turbo with ported plenum and stock side by side. This give you some idea of the differences between them.

Attachments

• DSCN0004.JPG
    DSCN0004.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN0010.jpg
    DSCN0010.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 153
I didn't start from scratch. I got hints off GN/Ttype and on another board. A friend gave me two 301 TTA turbos and it took me a year before I found a member on here that had done it. He put one on a completely stock 83 T and was doing low 13's right off the bat. His name is Philbuilt 65 and he pointed me in the right direction.:)

As far as the car, it's not running right now, it's under construction and on hold until I find a new shop.:frown: Here's the link to the build so you can get an idea of what I've been up against.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/before-black-non-sfi-tech/322115-finally-got-some-time.html

You can PM Matt231 on the board with your info if you want but I won't give his email out. That's up to him.:)

As a last teaser pic this is my intake after porting. It's not done yet but it's getting there.:smile: Top is ported, second is stock, and third is the new turbo with ported plenum and stock side by side. This give you some idea of the differences between them.

how did you port the whole thing?

Yes charlie tell us how you did .. So i can produce thousands of them from china ..

how did you port the whole thing?

There are some things that I won't post for a reason, this is one of them.:) Everyone needs to decide how to build their own car and while I may give you some free info not all of it will be told for a reason. This has been a long journey getting this thing together and some knowledge I'm just not willing to give out. A few know how it was done but I'd rather keep a few secrets to myself.

there are some things that i won't post for a reason, this is one of them.:) everyone needs to decide how to build their own car and while i may give you some free info not all of it will be told for a reason. This has been a long journey getting this thing together and some knowledge i'm just not willing to give out. A few know how it was done but i'd rather keep a few secrets to myself.
on sale soon for $1500.00 each .

There are some things that I won't post for a reason, this is one of them.:) Everyone needs to decide how to build their own car and while I may give you some free info not all of it will be told for a reason. This has been a long journey getting this thing together and some knowledge I'm just not willing to give out. A few know how it was done but I'd rather keep a few secrets to myself.

dang. i have an idea of how it may have been done, but i am unsure.

Geez Charles, you ever gonna get that fricken thing done? I thought for sure you would have beat me to the finish lol! I take it you took material out of the roof of the port and intake and port matched it? The lt1 guys cut their intakes and plenums open to port them. I would assume you did this as well?

Geez Charles, you ever gonna get that fricken thing done? I thought for sure you would have beat me to the finish lol! I take it you took material out of the roof of the port and intake and port matched it? The lt1 guys cut their intakes and plenums open to port them. I would assume you did this as well?

Well I'd like to be finished but you know how that goes.:frown: As far as the mods I had to do to port it out that wasn't the way it was done.:biggrin: I will tell you that the 82-83 intake is the best to do it with though.

obviously. Why piss around trying to port a cast one? That would be like pimping a geo

Back