Who is running Hooker or ATR cat Back?

Darkside

I am thinking about a cat back system for my national. I know the hooker system will work, but I want to keep a cataletic convertor. I am looking at the cat flange and it is much larger than the 84 square flange on the cat. Do I have to buya 86-87 cat to make these systems work with my '84?

We run an ATR without the Cat, but I'm pretty sure they offer it for our cars. Give them a call they are a great company to do business with.

I have the hooker 2'5" system. The flange on the exhaust pipes in the kit is 4 bolt. The kit was pretty well designed for the 86/7 cars. However if you want to keep the cat, a muffler shop could probably make something up for you flange wise. The kit also comes with a test pipe in case you want to loose the cat. But if your cat is as old as the car, chances are, it may be plugged. Now would be a good time to replace the cat, loose the cat, or gut the cat. Purr :)

HTH

Thanks,
Didn't know the Hooker setup came with a test pipe. Did your kit come with the Super Competition muffs? How do you like the sound?

I have the 2.5 inch Hooker setup.

The muffs sound great. Just as I expected they would. I guarantee if you go with this setup - you will not be disappointed.

I run the hooker exhaust also. I had a muffler shop weld a custom flange on the test pipe. its really no big deal. I love the sound of my car.

you'll like it!

Hey Guys Iknow I'm running a little behind on this post but I can't find the Hooker system anywhere. Summit , and Jegs don't carry it in fact the sales guy at Summit has never even heard of it and I can't find a listing at the Holley/Hooker website either any help would be appreciated.:)

I have a 2.5" catback on my car w/the 4 bolt flange setup from Torque Tech and it fit perfect. It wasn't very expensive either. I also have a 2.5" high flow cat from them that I never put on the car. My 2.5" down pipe and my inlet pipe are from S&S Turbo reagal but they went out of business. I'm very hapy with my exaust setup I haven't had any problems with it yet.

Originally posted by Gunner Jake
Hey Guys Iknow I'm running a little behind on this post but I can't find the Hooker system anywhere. Summit , and Jegs don't carry it in fact the sales guy at Summit has never even heard of it and I can't find a listing at the Holley/Hooker website either any help would be appreciated.:)

Summit carries the Flowbastard system, Jegs carried both the Hooker (p/n 520-16810) and Flowbastard (p/n 389-17102) systems. The Hooker is better, and Jegs is cheaper. My exhaust system of choice consists of the ATR 2.5" downpipe and... nothing. It just sorta ends there! Does anyone know if there is a company that makes just the piping for the exhaust system with no mufflers? I'd run that. Sounds badass! :)