You can type here any text you want

Who still uses stock size tires?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gninpa

Recently picked up another 87 T and want to keep it as stock appearing as possible. Will be using the stock T wheels but cant decide between the stock size 215 65 15 tires or 235 60 15. Does anyone have pictures of cars with either of those sizes all around? Been looking, and most pics cars have bigger wheels and/or tires. My concern is that the stock size will look too small on the car. Any input apreciated

I dont have any photos, but I ditched the stock size a long time ago and never regretted it! 235 60 would be much better than the 215 65,if those are the only 2 sizes you are considering

Stock tires are lame, way to small and it just doesn't look right sitting under such a big car. Back when I had stock rims/tires I HATED the way it looked. I'd go a little bigger at least.

Do the wider 235 tires in front cause any pulling or issues with clearance?

Stock tires are lame, way to small and it just doesn't look right sitting under such a big car. Back when I had stock rims/tires I HATED the way it looked. I'd go a little bigger at least.

Here's my GN with stock size tires on the front...what's so lame about it?...to each his own..:rolleyes:

Attachments

• gn4.JPG
    gn4.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 180
Stock on the front looks good. Only found GT-HR in Goodyear. Wish they made GTII. My 235s rub on hard lock-to-lock.

I have the stock size on the fronts now, I had 235-60-15's they're nice too, but they will slightly rub the well when the wheel is turned all the way in one position, not a big deal.

I also wish they still made the GT II's in the factory size. I work for goodyear and the only tires I would even consider in that size are the GT-HRs, but I dont know how they would look on the car. I was leaning toward the 235 60 15 because the GT IIs do come in that size. Only reason I want something close to stock is because the car is tock and will stay that way, my GN already has the big n little look, I want this car to be stock appearing, in and out.

I also like the stock tires with totally stock cars, kind of a reminder of how it was before I massively bastardized my GN throughout the years.

Thanks MeanBuicks, thats exactly what I was looking for. Are those the Eagle GT-HRs? Do you happen to have any other angles?

Here is my GN with 235/60/15's. I have no problems with them.

Attachments

• Turbo3.JPG
    Turbo3.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Turbo2.JPG
    Turbo2.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 102
Back