Who's a good Perf. trans shop in central jersey?

E

elcamino1981

I've got a v8/th2004R drivetrain and my trans was rebuilt once about two years ago by lee myles. At that time the car had less than 250hp and they gave me a 12k mile warrenty. Now the engine pushes 325hp and in the spring will have new heads and more agressive valvetrain and be close to 400hp, with ALOT of torque. I've been shifting at about 5500rpm. The last time I went down the track, I had a very slow 2-3 shift- it cost me about two tenths off my E.T. I'm thinking I'm gonna need a rebuild soon, and I definetly want it to handle a 400hp v8 that see's occasional track time. So where close to central NJ would you say is the place to take the trans, that would use the right clutches and basically do all the necesary mods in the sticky at the top of the transmissions board??? I don't want to ship my trans somewhere if I can avoid it. I live in Hightstown/East Windsor. Thanks

I heard that Eric Schertz moved to Jersey and is doing work there somewhere ,Try to find him he's the man on the east coast and is Jack cotton's tranny builder and was also featured in GMHTP .

elcamino, I'll go with Salvage's recommendation with Eric at DynoTech. I understand that he bought the business from Fred Vetter and the shop is in Manville. I have heard nothing but good things about his work.

Level 10 is located in Hamburg, NJ (waaay up north) and is quite a haul. HTH

Got mine done there!

Yup, Erich at Dynotech is the man. Just got mine back from him last week. Great guy to deal with, Knows his stuff, and quick too. I dropped my trans off on monday afternoon and it was done by thursday night. He's in Manville NJ, exit 12 off of 287. I would definately give him a call at Dynotech (908) 704-8536