You can type here any text you want

Whos going to the Nationals?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
Who is planning on being at the nationals this year and whos bringing their car? VERY VERY slim chance that I will be taking mine, but I will be there.

TIA: Jason

Yes I was referring to the Buick Nationals in BG. There usually arent very many TTA's there. Ill be there Thurs - Sat but wont have my car unless I can get my lazy butt motivated enough to put it back together.

Are you going to be racing your car while you're there Joe?

I did not go down last year. I went the previous 2 years, however. Year before last there were a couple of TTA's in the parking lot. They were all beat to hell. Threre was a darn near perfect one inside, however. Both times it seemed like the show part was on Friday. When we showed up on Saturday there was still a small hill side full of cars, but not what I would call overwhelming. The drags were on, but if you wanted to actually look at the cars it is a little difficult when folks are trying to work on them to race them. The vendor area both years was physicaly large but they never seem to attract a lot of vendors. To be honest, I am not sure how they get away with callig it the "Nationals", it just seems on the small side. Perhaps I missed the boat since I have not been there on the show day.

In terms of car turn out, given I have not seen the Buick Nats on show day, I think the TA nats in Ohio is a better show. MANY more cars, much more to see. Even the pricing is more reasonable. You just have to be able to look over dealing with the some of the local club folks but I would assume that happens anywhere.

Brent

So far I hate the Liquid IC because:
1. I bought it used
2. Its been modified
3. it didnt come with the pipes to hook it up

My car is mainly ready to go with the exception of finishing off installing that damn IC. One day Ill get it done, ice her down and see if she'll rock and roll. Ive found some other sites with some engineering calculations on it. Based on those calculations it should make a big improvement for me. Hmmm....I dont know how to say this with out making it sound screwed up. They say forced induction doesnt change the basic CFM of air that a motor will pump through itself. What we're doing is making those CFM more dense by compressing it. They call this a Density Ratio. So lets say we had a density ratio of 2 and a motor that would naturally aspirated pump 500 cfm through it. We would now still pump 500 cfm through it but since are density ratio is 2 that 500cfm is equal to 1000 cfm at standard temp and pressure. To try to keep this short as possible: 15#'s of boost would make a density ratio of 2 if it wasnt for heating the air up. This heating of the air drops the crap out of the D/R. With a really efficient air/air IC you can start to get closer to the D/R of 2 that you should have got from the 15#'s as you come closer and closer to cooling the air down to ambient temp. Well with a Liquid/air IC you can cool the compressed air to below ambient which will make the D/R actually go over 2. So for the same boost you will pump more air through the motor and make more power. As an added bonus the cooler air wont cause the detonation like the hot air. This will allow you to keep your boost where its at and pick up some good power or to crank it up some more and pick up even more power. I got 2 spare motors so I'am going to find out if its power, or detonation that tears these motors up.;)

Later: Jason

Back