You can type here any text you want

Who's got DUBS???? AKA 20" Wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RUQWKNF27

Gonna put 20" AR TT II's on the white T with blk painted centers an polished lip. So want to make sure I get the off set's right... I know theres a guy whos got 20"s in the same wheel on here on a GN.. But can't remember his name.. I also know theres a regal withg a cutlass front end with 20"s on h ere but he has flares so he can't really help me ... If I remeber correctly I can go 20x9 all the way around with 4 1/2 offset but not sure...

I can help a little. :) With a 275 30 20 tire rear and a 245 35 20 tire front you wind up with the same 26" effective overall diameter as the stock (popular) wheel tire combos. What works with a 15" wheel and 26" tall tire will work with a 20" wheel and 26" tall tire. My fronts are 8.5" wide, so getting them to work without flares shouldn't be a problem, just not with my offset. :wink: Hope that helps a bit.

Adam

Hybrid T" What size an offset are your rear wheels?? they look as if they are flush with the body lines as if they would still be fine with out the flares.. Or maybe its just the way the pics look.. Those are the exact same wheels i want for my car, so its nice to see them in blk.. They are not as cheap as i thought they would be., not that I thought I could get them for nothing.. But guy says it will take 3-5 weeeks to build them cause of the special BS. Not sure if he knows what hes talking about.. He says I can go 20X10's in the rear no problem!! Im thinking 20x9's @ the most.. Also how easy is it to light up those low profile tires?? I have a mid to hi 10 sec car!!

My rears are 20 X 10 w/4.75" backspacing. They'd probably fit without flares, but you'll probably have to trim or roll the inner wheel lip. The time frame seems about right, it was like an eternity 'till I got mine. The black middles was a real pain. I told the people at American Racing that I was going to make the middles black and they told me to get the cast grey center version as they'd heard of adhesion problems with the all polished ones. Well the wheels arived and I decided to get them powder coated instead of painting them (for durability) and when I went to my powder coater he told me that whatever powder coat we put on top of the old stuff would still have the rough texture. After hours of hand sanding to get the middles smooth he told me that if I would've just gotten the all polished versions a light sandblasting of the centers would have made the powder coating stick just fine. :p I guess what it boils down to is if you're gonna paint get the cast grey center versions, and if you're gonna powder coat get the all polished ones. You'll have some traction issues for sure in a straight line as there's NO sidewall to help on launch. I have Nitto 555 extremes and they do well in the corners and I don't seem to have many traction issues, but I haven't taken them to the track and I don't have that fast of a car.

Adam

P.S. I've heard you might have a problem finding a powder coater that'll just coat the centers. I guess they either want to coat the whole thing or nothing. (it takes a lot of masking)

Back