Who's got Solid TTA engine mounts?

G

GTEATER

Anyone know where I can get solid motor mounts for the TTA?

If you.....

If you have your engine out or are planning on definatly having solids/polys please give Paul Ferry a E-Mail at HR Parts N Stuff.
Paul is looking for a matching set off a TTA right now. I'll be willing to bet if you send him your set he'd make you a Hell of a good deal on the first set :) ~Scott

I don't know if that would be a good idea or not,I had a Terrible vibration problem from a Poly trans mount .

It seems like it Might cause that same vibration or worse .

Just trying to possibly give you a heads up,Check back (look for the red FIND MORE button on the bottom of my post).Look for Spohn torque arm post.

The torque arm was not my problem either,It was an $8 tranny mount that fixed it.You know it's there though

Hope this helps

JW:D

How does it hurt the block? I was going to send mine to HRPARTS and Stuff, but now rethinking.

If poly mounts are avail. they would be your best choice.The soild mount bolt to a very weak part of the block,with no flex the block takes the abuse.HTH

Ouch.. that hurt? do it again...

I agree that Buick should have made at least one more attatching point on the block. Two just is not enough for the amout of power we are making. I bet there have been block failures on the Drivers side because of a "solid" mount but the Poly like HR Parts makes is not as hard on the block.
Even if your using a stock mount it's going to flex only so much till it hits the ears and stops. Point here is I'm betting if your flexing stock/solid/poly that much any of them would break the ears on the block but I have a feeling it would take quite a load to make that happen. We are using the GN poly mounts with out incidnet,vibration,fit or any issues. I'd definatly spend the time to send the stock stuff you have to Paul Ferry at HR parts N Stuff.
Best of luck, Scott at --->Power Concepts,Inc. :cool:

???????

"Yes ,You are using them on a GN(Full Framed car)with no Vibration,Not a TA " Quote
Nooooo.... We are using Buick engines with HR parts N Stuff Poly engine mounts with stock GN Lower(frame mounts) in two different "Camaros" 1989 and 1986 F bodys. So it's not a Firebird but it's the same body.:D

No vibrations or any such issues. we also do not run the silly torque arm if your making any power that things got to go!
We use the South Side machiene kit with some designs of our own implemneted in it. ~Scott

UR50SLO has been using our TR Poly mounts on the F-body chassis with good results as he stated above. I believe he is welding in the TR frame pads on the crossmember to get it all to fit. This lets him move the motor back some, but is harder for the average person to install.
I am currently working on a bolt-in setup based on the original TTA mounts, with Poly built into them. I am also looking at using a bigger and/or softer Poly bushing to lessen any possible vibrations. They should work great & be able to handle all the power you want to put to it.

As far as solid mounts go, they have been known to crack blocks because there is NO give at all with them. A solid mount will have WAY more vibration and create WAY more stress on the block than a Poly mount would ever have. I had a solid mount on my car at one time, and luckily I just ripped the mount to pieces instead of my block. This was on a daily driven street/strip GN. NO V-6 should EVER have a solid mount on it. If you would ever need more than our Poly mount (not sure how), then a mid motor plate should be used. Maybe at 1600 hp & above?

As for me needing parts to work on this project, I should have a pair of stock mounts & brackets coming soon, so I shouldn't need those.
If ANYONE has a pair of the stock frame pads that are bolted to the crossmember, PLEEEEASE let me know! I really need these to continue designing these & get into production ASAP. I am really trying to get these made & help you all out, but I need a little help here. I will buy, borrow, trade, replace them & return the favor to whoever can help. Being that the mounts are discontinued & people need more DP clearance, I need to get these ready ASAP so people can get back on the road.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks-

Cmon TTA owners send them in

It willl help everyone out,me included.:D

Still need to borrow/buy/trade/replace a pair of the frame pads from a TTA. These are the rectangular pads that are bolted to the crossmember, that the motor mounts would bolt to.

I am stalled on this project until I get these to at least look at & dimension up.

PLEASE.... Anyone???

Paul,you have everything else right?Is it just a flat piece of steel?I have my factory cossmember all clear to get measure ments.do you just need the bolt hole locations?Let me know

Originally posted by Grumpy
Paul lemme check the mounts I have....gotta find them :)....

OK - Hoped they were on the way. No rush really, I need the frame pads first before I can do anything.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Darrens89Z
Paul,you have everything else right?Is it just a flat piece of steel?I have my factory cossmember all clear to get measure ments.do you just need the bolt hole locations?Let me know

If you have the crossmember clear... Where are your frame pads?????

The frame pads look like a cigarette pack with a cross-hole thru it to bolt the motor mount to it. These frame pads are bolted to the crossmember. These frame pads are what I need to design the new mounts.

Dan,did you get my emails?Just wondering if you had and idea what you had for sale.Thanks:)