Why do men's and women's shirts button opposite?

Nashty

WORLD'S FASTEST ......geo
Big debate here at work.

Is it because of during a sword fight the man needs his right free to fight?

Is it because a maid dresses the woman and the man dresses himself historically?

Where can I find out?

So it unbuttons the same way for us when we undress THEM! :D

I have no idea, hell, I didn't even know they buttoned differently. Slow day at work Roger?;)

hmmm

Come nashty its ok your among friends here, you were trying on your wife's blouse, and she walked in on you, so you came up with this idea to get out it :D :D

I'm only kidding but it could be some thing to fool guys like those evil bra clasps LOL

Robert

Re: hmmm

Originally posted by black_magic87
Come nashty its ok your among friends here, you were trying on your wife's blouse, and she walked in on you, so you came up with this idea to get out it :D :D

ROLMAO!!! FUNNY!!:D

Men stand on the right when we walk with a woman. If the blouse puckers some then we get the VEIW. As you get older and join the DOM club you learn these important things.

So it matches the same set-up as that of trousers and belts. Ever noticve that womens pants have the closure on the opposite side as mens. So also do the belts go.

Some radio show had this question on a while ago, and according to some "clothing enthusiast," it is because of the old tradition of maids dressing the women. It's funny, knowing that useless fact, to watch movies of timeless stories (ie. Romeo & Juliet remakes), and to see this either not hold true or the camera messing with you and can't really tell if it follows or not.

I asked some friends - it's because women never dressed themselves back in the day. Psh, I wish I had someone who'd dress me, lucky ducks.:rolleyes:

I don't know the reason, but I was told that dry cleaners charge more for womens blouses (determined by which side the buttons are on) than men's shirts.

the belt thing is good to know. i always just throw one on (in the rare occasion i wear one) the way i grab it out of my closet, never thought about it.

Don't quote me on the belt, but I beleive that goes the same as the shirt & trousers. Sounds like you have a ambidexterous belt.

So when you are sitting in a car together it's easier to take each others clothes OFF. ;) :D
Tarey D.

Since we're on crazy subjects, how about this one? Why is it when you see a picture of a watch advertised it always shows the time to be 10 after 10?

Most men are right-handed...the buttons this way are for our benefit, period and if history shows another reason...it's not the real one :cool:
Jim

Originally posted by rb68rr
Since we're on crazy subjects, how about this one? Why is it when you see a picture of a watch advertised it always shows the time to be 10 after 10?
Putting the hands at 10:10 gives it almost a "smile" making it seem happier. Something like that anyway.

I like my chef coat..2 sets of buttons. Works well since I can get twice the wear outta 1 before I have to was it :p