Why would wheel hop cause the knock sensor to think it detects detonation?

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Is it due to the wheels hopping and sending vibrations up the driveshaft thru the trans and into the engine?

Also just how much wheel hop does it take to set off the knock sensor?

Is it due to the wheels hopping and sending vibrations up the driveshaft thru the trans and into the engine?

Also just how much wheel hop does it take to set off the knock sensor?

It is caused by the vibration in the driveline. It's not the amount of wheel hop that causes it, it's the frequency of the vibration. Knock detection is frequency dependant not amplitude dependant. I have seen it with wheel hop and just spinning the tires.

Thanks Mike I too have heard just stabbing the pedal at a stop light and spinning the tires can set the knock sensor off. I am looking into ways of eliminating this.

Can be a funny thing. I used to have wheel hop so bad, I swear the back end was jumping up and down 5 inches, and it felt like a jack hammer. LOL! However it didn't consistently register knock when that happened. Had to be the right frequency.

Here's an idea...stop spinning your tires. Besides, they will last longer, and spinnin' ain't winnin'. :D

Not trying to spin my tires. Trying to detect where the (what I believe to be) false knock is coming from and then eliminate it.