You can type here any text you want

Wideband readings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Also, make sure your PL is set to the right WB setting. Otherwise it will read wrong.

No but it sounds like my valves are rattling .
Adjust the fueling for a much richer condition and see if it goes away. Those fast widebands are good units, so you seem to be extremely lean at the moment. Surprised it hasn't went boom yet.

Adjust the fueling for a much richer condition and see if it goes away. Those fast widebands are good units, so you seem to be extremely lean at the moment. Surprised it hasn't went boom yet.
I'm fairly new to using this wideband .How would I adjust the fuel curve?

A pic of the motor would answer a few questions since your new.
What chip do you have?
Find out your base FP and go from there. Should be around 43 line off and car running.

You mean it sounds like marbles being shaken in a coffee can?
NOT GOOD! STOP!:eek::eek::eek:

What chip do you have?
Find out your base FP and go from there. Should be around 43 line off and car running.
My fuel pressure at idle is 41. It does have a chip installed but it isn't labeled.I tried to get a user manual from the Fast website but no luck.

What chip do you have?
Here a pic of the motor.
image.jpg

You have quite a few mods on that motor. Did you buy it this way?
If so, get to know it quickly. Or the next custom feature it will have is a giant hole in the side.

Start doing searches on tuning help type threads and read up. Along the way, Write in if you have trouble with technical talk.

Until then, if the info is right on your wide-band, there could be a few things going on. Start with raising fuel pressure. I would go to 45 psi with the vac line off. Get it to go rich if you can. This will tell you that there is a middle somewhere. Besides, it's always safer to start rich.

I was reading the wrong setting on my DL I'm using one O2 sensor not 2. At WOT I'm running 13.6 which is still lean.Ill make some adjustments. Thanks for the help.

Ahhh. it was probably averaging the 2 and giving that 16.1 reading. Good to hear it is not that lean. 13.6 is pretty lean tho. Turn boost down or add fuel to richen it up. Also find out what chi you have. Could be an old one that can potentially blow it up. Eric Marshall at Turbotweak.com has the best chips for these cars period. So I advise to toss the old chip if you cant ID it and go with TT chip. car will run much better and have adjustability for fueling/timing.

Verify you are seeing fuel pressure rise 1lbs of fuel pressure to 1 lbs of boost. Get a TT chip matched to your combo.

Back