You can type here any text you want

Will M/T Drag radials work off a Trans Brake?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8killR4U

Anyone launching off a trans brake on MT drag radials. If so what boost are the tires holding and what type of 60 ft times are you netting and last but not least any suspension mods?

Anyone launching off a trans brake on MT drag radials. If so what boost are the tires holding and what type of 60 ft times are you netting and last but not least any suspension mods?

Dusty Bradford has been in the 1.29 range with MT 295 on a Wolfe Stock Suspension. 13-14lbs of air if I can remember. =)

On a street type car you should be in the 1.5 range or maybe better with some work. Shocks, sway bars, pinion angle and many other factors apply!

I forgot to mention electronic boost controllers, they make all the difference in the world.

I launched Chris's 650ish HP street car with the trans brake with the 275/60/15s. It hit 12psi on the break and it took chirped and took off.
This is with out a burn out and normal type air pressure.

BTW: the car has tubular control arms and wolfe sway bar.

sounds like the ticket then, I have 16" tires and was looking at the M&H tires because they have a 28" tall profile where as the MT only have a 26" profile for my 16' rim. Cant really get any data related feed back on the M&H tires? Nobody runs them.

Back