You can type here any text you want

will these rims work

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stroker-ace

Boosted-brick
So I was looking at these....

American Racing: Official Manufacturer Website- custom, chrome, polished and painted wheels

I was wondering which offset would be the best for our cars.....

Also, what would be the best size for fronts and rears? I love the way these look and I think they would look sick on the car. Any help would be appreciated.

ALSO...if anyone wants to go through the site and show me something else that would be awesome, thats fine too! thanks:smile:

My two favorite wheels, the CCW's and the Shelby. I really like both. Stroker, those would look awesome! xcessiv, what mods are made for fit for that size? Frame notch? Springs/spindles?

18x10 rear no mods 18x9.5 front no rubbing running stock spindles and BMR control arms with QA1 coil overs #450 lbs spring.

18x10 rear no mods 18x9.5 front no rubbing running stock spindles and BMR control arms with QA1 coil overs #450 lbs spring.

Very nice! Did you gain tire clearance with those BMR's? Curious if they'd fit on the stockers. (without having to limit your turning radius...)

Sorry to jack your thread Stroker, but I imagine this is important info for all. :biggrin:

You should not have a problem with stock stuff as long as the tires are real wide

Vintage Wheel Works has, basically, the same wheel available in whatever backspace you need but only in 17's at the moment. Just mentioning it 'cause I'm not sure what the price/availability is from AR so I thought I'd throw it out as an option. Their customer service is fantastic and their wheels are great. I was torn between the style you linked to and what I bought......great choice!

There are a few different ofset's though...

0 and -25 for the 18X8's

and I guess -32 would work since its the only one available for the 18X10's for the rear?

Wouldnt different offsets make my rims stick out funny?

which one out of them would I need? I am not familiar with doing suspension work...

Still need an answer on the offset and backspacing.

can someone clear it up for me as to what backspacing and offset actaully mean? this is my first tiome dealing with anything like this....

backspacing is the distance from (backside) mounting point of the wheels to the inner lip. offset is the opposite. (outer) measurement of wheel. what backspacing is that guy running with those 9" fronts? 4.5"? i'd like to know too.

Back