window felt

bundys gn

i need to replace the window felt on my 87 gn. not sure if that is what its called. it goes on the outside of the window when the window is down you rest your arm on it. can someone tell me the part# or were i can buy me a set for both doors. thanks

Kirbans sells them, GM dealer should still have them. I bought a OEM set off e-bay about six months ago.

Just a nickles worth of free advice, take the winow out before replacing them. That was the advice on this forum. I went to do mine and thought I had plenty of room.... Well of course I broke my drivers side window! I learned an expensive lesson. Even thoughg these G-body cars are all over that side glass is still pretty pricey!

Good Luck!
Matthew

I have a few NOS sets available for $80.00 a pair.

Actually, you do NOT need to remove the window. all you need to do is loosen a few of the window lowering stop brackets (10mm) and lower the window further down into the door. I've done probably 20 - 30 of them and it works great.

Joe

Originally posted by Hognose
Kirbans sells them, GM dealer should still have them. I bought a OEM set off e-bay about six months ago.

Just a nickles worth of free advice, take the winow out before replacing them. That was the advice on this forum. I went to do mine and thought I had plenty of room.... Well of course I broke my drivers side window! I learned an expensive lesson. Even thoughg these G-body cars are all over that side glass is still pretty pricey!

Good Luck!
Matthew

True, I didn't have to remove the window either. Remove the interior upper door panel and use a small 90 degree ratcheting screwdriver to get the trim off.

Do a search on it, I replied once with pictures of the screwdriver and part numbers.

FYI, The ones I have are genuine GM NOS Part still in the GM wrapper.

Did not know the aftermarket made these.

Joe