Window Question

kurt24

I have power windows and they are Floppy really bad. I haven't taken off the door panels yet but just want to see your guys opinions. When I do tear into it I might as well get new motors since these are getting slow.

I posted the video on the Facebook page and few people thought the regulator. after doing a little research I wonder if it is just the 2 rollers that ride in there? And can't seem to find any regulators for sale. But can find motors rollers and the anti rattle kit.

Clicking on pic should play video I hope

For your slow windows I would go to this thread.
A FREE TRICK TO HELP SPEED UP YOUR POWER WINDOWS.
Gary is awesome and has these all figured out. Now as for your loose window, man that thing looks scary. I would say your felts in your track are shot. Plus there are these little felt shoes inside your door panel that can be tightened up. This may be all you need to do. Make sure your weathering, inside and out are not totally gone. Oh but first make sure your regulator hasn't came loose. If it is the rollers you should be able to find a decent set on eBay.

With that much slop the plastic window guide is definitely broken, gm part number 20151689. They are riveted to the window so just drill the rivets out and re-attach the new ones with some 1/4x20 bolts and nylon lock nuts. After the guide is replaced you can then see where the remaining slop is (if any) and adjust from there. I have both of my door panels off at the moment to make adjustments to the windows and tighten everything up. It can seem intimidating at first, but the adjustments are easy to figure out once the panel is off.

Thanks for the info guys. RicerX I have read that post a few times and I thought since these are getting old I would just replace them but keep the stock ones and fix them up for spares just incase. So guess I will be hitting up vendors for parts soon then

Thanks for the part # 87gninpa

The felts that RicerX mentioned will certainly help after you replace the guide. No question the guide is broken with that much slop, pretty common issue. I had about 1/4 of the slop you had and replaced the felts, made a world of difference so you might as well do those anyway after you replace the guide. I ended up using the loop side of industrial strength Velcro to replace the felts and it worked great (only cost about $5 for a box of it at Home Depot).