Window switches not working

Jondevieon

Hello, first time post but hopefully not the last - who am i kidding its a GN so im bound to be back. The window switches on both doors are not functional at all right now, any ideas where to start looking or is this even a common issue?, i suspect a bad fuse since neither side are working but dont know where said fuse is. any chance theres a download pdf of the fuse locations?

Attachments

• IMG_0790[1].JPG
    IMG_0790[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
I switched out the larger 30a fuse and nothing, but I'm confused, what is #6 on the fuse diagram, is that the red wire directly under the larger 12v fuse (#5).

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Use this schematic of window circuit along with a test meter to check if 12vdc from fuse is present at master door switch (F). Then check to see ground is good to same switch (A) because it's common to both door switches. It's possible that bad master switch would cause passenger side to not work also.
IMG_0349.jpg

Thanks for this, ive been so swamped ill barely have time to dig in this weekend, were gonna pop a switch off my dads GN to see if maybe just maybe both switches have gone bad - if not well have to figure out how to read electrical schematics!.

If the master switch, the switch on the drivers side, is bad neither side will work. Start by making sure there’s power with the key on, on the pink wire going to the master switch. My guess is it isn’t getting power. Chances of both switches being bad is low.

Follow up, Master switch on drivers side door came loose, was able to fix it by prying the chrome bezel on the door panel off on one side, after this i was able to work the bezel off far enough to reach and press the switch assy back into the control panel, used needle nose pliers to pry retainer clips on switch bezel back into position. viola - thanks guys.