Windshield Washer Pump

Jeff B

Hey guys,

Replaced my washer pump today and its finally working. My question may be stupid but here goes: Since its never worked since i had the car im not sure about the spray radius. Is it common for it to spray really high in the air? I mean it hits the windshield but also all over the roof and side windows. Not sure if thats normal or may be because the new pump is more powerful? Checked the position of the sprayers, looks OEM. No big deal, just curious.
Thanks,
Jeff

That's about normal for our cars. Hoped you enjoyed changing it...

Hey thanks, just curious as it seemed like it was shooting washer fluid for a windshield that was twice the size haha. At least it works now, i use the hell out of washer fluid on all my cars, so wanted it working. Im no mechanic, but i found replacing it very easy. The hardest part was wiggling it back place to line up the bolts. Thanks for replying.

I would say that when you are driving the spray will be different. I have to change mine, what is involved in doing so

Hey thanks, just curious as it seemed like it was shooting washer fluid for a windshield that was twice the size haha. At least it works now, i use the hell out of washer fluid on all my cars, so wanted it working. Im no mechanic, but i found replacing it very easy. The hardest part was wiggling it back place to line up the bolts. Thanks for replying.
Do you have any step by step instructions on changing the pump that you can point us first timers to? thanks.

Do you have any step by step instructions on changing the pump that you can point us first timers to? thanks.

Hey guys its simple. Buy a $20 pump. Undo the the 2 top corner bolts from washer motor, the you gotta LOOSEN the two smaller nuts the bracket is connected to between motor and car cabin (bad explanation, but you'll know what i mean). Unhook electrical connectors and pump hoses (make sure to aim them up so fluid doesnt leak out) and wiggle motor out. Then take the clip out of pump to release from motor, reverse the whole process with the new pump installed. Very simple, just takes some time to wiggle pump out and then back in.
Good Luck!
Jeff