You can type here any text you want

Wiper arm question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tori

My passenger side wiper will not stay on the glass. Parked it's about 3/8" above the cowl. Arm doesn't appear corroded, but the spring doesn't seem to keep it pulled to the glass. I took the arm off tonite to investigate, and was left with this cast piece still on the wiper mounting "thing" (don't know what you call the splined piece) I've never really messed with wipers before, is this how they normally come apart ? Didn't seem correct to me. And is this anything anyone has dealt with before ? Do i just need a new arm ?
photo(4).JPG

Yes it's normal and yes you probably need a new arm.

Look at the knurls on the cast piece to see if they are still good and knurly. ;)

The locking device on the arm needs to work properly as well to hold it tightly.

Thanks Salvage. I spent some more time with it last nite. Looks like someone put the wrong arm on it and that's why it won't attach correctly and stay down.

Just to put an end to this, the arm was the problem. Splines inside the arm were wiped out, and with another one in place, all is good. Thanks guys.

Back