You can type here any text you want

Wiper Motor wiring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbobuick

Staff member
I am trying to wire up the factory delay wiper motor in my GN to use in a drag-n-drive car and could use some help figuring this out.

The car does NOT have any of the factory wiring such as the turn signal switch or steering column and I am using a universal wiper switch.

There are four wires from the Bulkhead
Purple- C100 lists it as Wiper Hi. It goes to the bottom of the pump motor and a yellow wire comes out and goes to the center tab on the plug in the housing cover. if I apply 12v to the purple wire it will run the motor which seems to be on low.

Green-Park wire, If I apply 12v to PPL wire to run motor then 12v to park wire it parks the motor. The park function only works if 12v is applied to this wire??

Grey C-100 lists it as wiper low/wash if I apply 12v to it the motor just clicks.

Pink-C100 lists it as washer motor, wiper/washer timer, I believe this is supposed to be a ground in to activate the washer pump? I could not get it to activate the washer pump. I took the washer pump out and tested it and it only clicks so it may be bad.

I need to know how to apply 12v or GND to which wires to get it to run on low then Hi and what I need to do to make the washer motor work. I know you need 12v to Green to park and 12v to the purple wire but I can't figure out the rest. This is a wiring diagram I found on Malibu Racing
DelayPulseWipep-Washer.jpg

Ok I did some more testing and this is what I came up with:

I need 12v to the Grey and Green wire at the same time to run motor on low
12v to Just Green to park it
12v to Yellow/Purple wire to run on High

The switch I have is a 3 position switch Park Low and High with a 12v SW input. When the SW is on Park there is 12v to that pin, move to Low and 12v to that pin but Park is no longer hot. I am going to run a relay off low to pwr Park when low is active which should make it work?

I am still working on the washer motor. The plug has 4 wires and the yellow wire comes from the motor to the cover supplying 12v I am assuming when on high? I am thinking the Pink wire applies a ground when the 12v High is active to activate the washer pump?

Any help is appreciated. I dont think the schematic below is accurate for our car but should be close.

the wiper body is the ground and gets grounded by a copper strap on the mounting cushion that grounds to body when installed

wiper pulse.jpg

the wiper body is the ground and gets grounded by a copper strap on the mounting cushion that grounds to body when installed

View attachment 400530
Thanks that is the schematic I have been looking for to bad I can't understand it lol!

Yes I am using the body ground strap to test the motor. I am pretty confident with 12v to Grey and Green wire to make it work on low and 12v to purple wire to make it go high with 12v to Green to park.

It is the pink wire I can not figure out. It goes to the cover and not the motor. The schematic you posted shows it going into the timer which does ground out to the washer motor. Do I need 12v into that timer to get a GND out which did not seem to work when I bench tested it. I am thinking the Timer has to have input from hi or low wire to activate the GND and power the washer motor??

It may just be easier to wire in a separate washer motor or just go without it.

Back