Witch turbi

Lastly Don’t care if the compressor wheel runs out of steam before the exhaust housing becomes an issue...
hmm now this is interesting. if the hot side is oversized it can lead to overspeeding the turbo and cause failure this has happened to several of us over time regardless of the backpressure reading and even if you have a high pressure compressor wheel.

Lastly Don’t care if the compressor wheel runs out of steam before the exhaust housing becomes an issue...If you’re running the compressor out of its efficiency range that’s wayyyy worse than having too big of a exhaust housing lol. Like 60-1 tiny 59mm doesn’t like manifold pressure above low 20’s still ppl run 27+ and spray a whole bunch of alcohol to cover up the mistake lmao!
Granite we don’t know what exhaust wheel they used for the compressor map test with 60-1 BUT it tells you it’s not a good pressure wheel!

This is just my opinion not trying to sound like a jerk.
Making blanket statements does not reflect reality, how does alcohol cover up running 27 psi boost? Bring details.

hmm now this is interesting. if the hot side is oversized it can lead to overspeeding the turbo and cause failure this has happened to several of us over time regardless of the backpressure reading and even if you have a high pressure compressor wheel.

I’m speaking about in general like I would still put .85 on PTE 5862 Gen 2 ...even though the smaller pte .63 would be “enough “.

When traction is an issue you upgrade AR that makes the most sense to me... safer on the street

When traction is an issue you upgrade AR that makes the most sense to me..
these cars with the stockish motors can actually lose the power never to come back with the larger ar.there is a belief that the power is moved up or down in the rpm range but that is not 100% true.ive seen alot of cars lose ET throughout the pass and even lose MPH with the larger ar even with built motors.if a specific combo is truly making enough power to utilize the larger .82/85 ar it delays the hit further out if your flatpunching the car but it still will hit the tire hard.having a good tire and suspension is the safer route for the street.

I would still put .85 on PTE 5862 Gen 2 ...even though the smaller pte .63 would be “enough “.
that wheel combo just cant utilize an ar that big.the .63 will come in much faster creating more torque while not limiting ex flow above peak hp,thats just a win win when it comes to racing or just having a car that reall is fun to drive.the smaller ar gives an opportunity to really get the full flow of the wheels going before the 109s limiting rpm range comes into effect.

People have gone 9s with a .63 I am running 10.0s with a .63. I don’t see the need to have a bigger housing on anything slower.

that wheel combo just cant utilize an ar that big.the .63 will come in much faster creating more torque while not limiting ex flow above peak hp,thats just a win win when it comes to racing or just having a car that reall is fun to drive.the smaller ar gives an opportunity to really get the full flow of the wheels going before the 109s limiting rpm range comes into effect.

Not sure what your combination is but your boost doesn’t fall over 5500 RPM with the smaller 63 Garrett/Tnetics???
Mine does

My car shifts out at 5800 drops to 5000 1st to 2nd...Perfect

but your boost doesn’t fall over 5500 RPM with the smaller 63 Garrett/Tnetics???
Mine does
depends on what wheels we are talking about,and how much AIR your moving since boost is just a number.the behavior of the boost you are seeing could mean several things,the comp wheel is done or your hitting bp, or you dont have ENOUGH to spin the turbo hard enough as rpm increases,most fall into this category and dont know it.you would have to test on your combo to see which one it is.on my particular combo that i run now on my nt car lets just say the motor has all it needs to push/drive the turbo depending on its size.

My car shifts out at 5800 drops to 5000 1st to 2nd...Perfect
maybe maybe not,depends on the combo.take 2 motors and 1 turbo capable of 80lbs/min. one motor shifts at 6500 another motor shifts at 5200,both move 80lbs/min.which motor combo goes faster is a different topic.

People have gone 9s with a .63 I am running 10.0s with a .63. I don’t see the need to have a bigger housing on anything slower.

Bet if you switch to .82/.85 you pickup mph.
Yes I “heard” 9.8 is where the 3 bolt pte 63 pretty much done. So your near it’s limits... safe?...82/.85 would be saferrrrr

Bet if you switch to .82/.85 you pickup mph.
since im a betting kind of guy i bet he would lose et and mph;)i actual lost mph on a car that went 138mph in the 1/4 with a.85 back in the day the .63 was faster and quicker.also lost et and mph on a 62/65,and a 49 turbo,there also was a direct link to the amount of fuel that was being consumed.