You can type here any text you want

Would stock head bolts on an RJC gasket be a mistake?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mastiff

I have the gaskets ready, but suddenly remembered (well, discovered, after a few years on the shelf) that I had not bought any new bolts for the heads. So I considered using the stock bolts, but after a few words with my mechanic we decided that I should take this to the forum. I am in no hurry, I only want to get this car on the road some time this summer. So should I dump the stock bolts and get some ARP studs instead? And what's the number of the correct kit for that? It's a complete 83 replacement engine that had been standing unused in a shop in Michigan since it was new, and I'm going to use it for fun on the road and not on the track, but of course I want it to be as solid as possible. My guess is that I will probably play with the boost as well after a while, I usually say "this is going to be all I need", and then I start tinkering! :D

Thanks! Then I know that. So if somebody could please tell me the correct ARP code, I'm all good! :D

Edit: Just to repeat, the studs are for a 1983 engine.

Back