Wow! Got banned from Thirdgen.org for sticking up for TTA

GN
No prob....I am envious that you were privy to owning the quick(er) of the L98s from the factory...my buddy and I must have gotten the "medium" ones :) Performance isn't everything...you can have fun even with a TPI car that does mid 15s...due to the exceptional torque off the line and in the midrange. Even my LB9 (actual car I am referring to here) would probably benefit from a hipo tranny and torque converter...I am sure that most of the whole that I experience in the 2/3 shift would be erradicated and probably gain around 1 sec to cut my times to mid/high 14s.

I didn't include my L98...ran out of film.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/dmayans77/lst?.dir=/My+Photos&.view=t

P.S> the funny moral of the story is that currently having 5 F-bodies in my stable (wifes 94 V-6 included)...doesn't qualify me as a camaro/firebird lover in the eyes of those jerks :p

Yeah you are not supposed to think outside of the box over at thirdgen.org. I got into a couple of arguments about GNs over there before I got my TTA eventhough I was also saying nice things about thirdgens like my Z28. But once you mention turbo 6s over there you better watch out! Glad you are enjoying your LB9. I have been thinking of getting another thirdgen to daily drive as the Iroc I had in addition to the Z28 was my daily driver and was extremely reliable, plus it was fun to drive. Take care.

man!..i just read the tg.org post you were talking about ...that guy drew is on a freaking banfest or something ....dont contradict anything he says or he will call it arguing and ban your ass .... what a prick... he just wants to in someway trying to make the value of his cars go up as much as the tta's is and to do that he thinks that banning those who think otherwise will do that .... sounds like he is a little guy with a napoleonistic complex

(even though you were a little off topic in the post of "desirability"... but i nothing you should have gotten banned for)

Napoleon! Last I checked Napoleon was considered by historians as one of history's greatest military/administrative genius. Drew and "genius" in the same sentence is sending cognative spasms in my cortex ;)

Just kidding.

To be frank since being locked out...it's not worth my time and effort to setup another account with that board. If someone wants to send the message to the 3.8Transam moderator...his reply might be interesting read.

I got Banned as well awhile back arguing with Drew and his might LG4..

Those people are in a different realm... Who cares if they dont understand, I wouldnt want them to own a TTA anyways... They would probably try to put a carb on it and put 4.10 gears in it...

Those people ARE of a different "class". I can't see the point of writing paragraphs after paragraph about disliking a vehicle because it is white. As we all know...most Indy Pace Cars ARE WHITE. Going on and on about such pety stuff really is embarrassingly "self poignant" to that group of knucklheads.

Even the killer 69-71 T/As Ram Air 4 were artic white with the Lucern blue stripe. I HATE THESE...it's WHITE!! I don't think so!!! In the same vein...I wouldn't pass on a Hemi Cuda Convt..eventhough I prefer T-Tops... Couldn't you imagine the length of the "hate list" and the flemsy reasons provided...it would be a scene out of a Dr Suess "Grinch". Not all 3rdgen.org posters are 8 balls....nevertheless I sensed that most L98 Kings were hooping on the bandwagon and almost apologitically acknowledging the TTAs legendary performance potential.

I was banned a while back too. I was defending a board membrs camaro with a turbo 6. Tey were saying how worthless it was now and the car no longer had any value. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Then drew went on to bash my old 9C1 caprice.:rolleyes:
You really have to love them though. Where else is there a kill section bragging about beating Neons and S10 Blazers? But nothing beats an LG4 Z28. :rolleyes:

Thats funny you mention that. When I used to be on there, all they talked about in the V6 board was swapping in a Turbo 6, though they had no clue as to what it would take and that a 90* block is completely differnt than a 60* block.
I think a lot of it is personal preference. Thats fine, I would like to have another 86 Trans Am with a TPI to build up. Well I will, its not a problem I can find them anywhere. I prefer black cars, ok so what the TTA is white, its still worth a lor of money and has a legendary status to it.
I dont see bashing other great cars just because you dont like this or that. Sure I think most of the older Mopars are Fugly, but I dont bash them because osme of them were amazing performers.

What I really find distastefull is how those people try to manipulate the facts. One guy was saying that "take a TTA...it will run 13-7, 13-8, 13.9". They like to underestimate the TTA's performance and compare to a quick run from a L98 (14.3, 14.2) and argue their really isn't really much difference and that all L98s run low 14s. One other poster even made the comment that the TTA will only run those numbers in ice cold temps or after having the engine iced down. If my memory and experience serves me correct...(both might be failing :) the TPI cars are notorious at performance drop once the engine hits 200 degrees.
We should alert the 4rth gen board that the 3rd gen L98 owners are "stealing" their LT-1 performance specs .:p

i didn't read all the posts in this thread but not ALL L98 owners are *******s,

<---raises hand

I WAS a L98 owner, but I wanted to go fast :D:D:D:D:D

I was a member over there as well. I never really liked that site. I signed up to get in on the GN and TTA discussions that take place occasionally. I responded under MEANV8. I havent checked back yet but I am quite sure I have been banned. I didn't say nice things to Drew. When i get some time I may send an email to the actual owner of the site.

:)
I was checking out the sight as a matter of habit...really. It seemed that a lot of posters acted juvenille. What I really liked about the sight were the TTA discussions and some of the nastalgic posts (original pictures taken back in the day)...but these TOO were far and few between :(

I DO believe that not all L98 guys are pricks. There were some cool people posting on that board. When Drew banned me...I noticed that he did so "covertly" without the fanfare of broadcasting his really "NICE" actions. I am not an angel...but on this occurence I was only reittering peformance numbers straight from 3 respected car mags... I guess I got tired of hearing how the L98s were posting LT-1 numbers.

Originally posted by turboscott
When i get some time I may send an email to the actual owner of the site.
I emailed him like 5 tiems for various resons, one was to try to start a regional section that included OHio, and another about getting banned. and you know what? I never got a reply.