WOW, what a difference!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
I finally got my Global West subframe connectors welded in today, and boy did it ever stiffen up the chassis. The t-top rattles I used to have are all but gone, and the car just feels stiffer all the way around. I even removed the front sway bar and don't feel that it made a whole hell of a lot of negative difference in body roll with the SF connectors in place. Now I need to get the stickies mounted and hit the track to see what kind of 60' times I can get....anything is better than 1.87! The beauty of it all is that my local muffler guy who is a GREAT welder only charged me $35 for both sides and some exhaust work to boot:) See you all in BG...

Joe, can you tell me a bit more about the GW subframe connectors: description, purpose and price (or link to pics and price)? I would like to have less noise in my 87 Ttop, and am getting ready to add some boxed LCAs. I did the front suspension last winter. BTW, we're going to be at the Scottish Inn across from Motel V6:D , so we'll stop by to say Hi if you are there again. Tim

"I would like to have less noise in my 87 Ttop"

These are not made for Regals since they are full-frame cars. The TTA's are subframe which "flex" for lack of a technical term. That's why the subframe connectors work so well.

Do you have the front and rear (trunk) frame braces in your "T"? For most of us, they provided the most benefit to reduce t-top rattle.

Hey turbov6joe:

Where exactly is BFE Kansas:) I need to get some subframe connectors welded in, but want to make sure i find someone who will to good work and not charge me a fortune. I have a set of powder coated Steve Spohn's waiting to be put in.

thanks,
Dave

BFE is actually Paola in Miami County and the shop is called Muffler Mart on the square (talk to John).